Legal Sector Alliance
The LSA is an inclusive movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices. Launched in December 2008 by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales and supported by the Law Society and Business in the Community, the Alliance represents more than a quarter of solicitors in private practice in England and Wales.
The LSA believes that acting on climate change is our collective interest and that greater impact can be achieved through collaborative action and the sharing of knowledge and experience than can be achieved individually.
The greater the number of firms, chambers and in-house legal teams that get involved, the greater our chance of having a real influence on the way the sector does business.
Joining the LSA is free and enables law firms to share knowledge, best practice and understanding of current industry trends.
The LSA offers members:
- access to knowledge and to networks within the sector and regionally
- access to materials and resources to support action on climate change
- the opportunity to collaborate on joint initiatives
- support in developing and implementing an environmental strategy
- use of the Legal Sector Alliance logo to show commitment to taking action
- opportunities to communicate commitment to acting on climate change to key audiences, including employees and clients
- profiling through case studies, on the website and on other platforms