Connecting over 1,500 business professionals to innovative technology and each other
Learn more about the future focus for your solution in 2020 and beyond. Advanced World will highlight the developments happening in technology now and what you can expect in the future.
HINTS & TIPS
Advanced World is the only place to get 70+ practical and educational sessions including industry trends, hints and tips and real-life user experiences.
Please join us at one of our upcoming working lunches on the new SRA Accounts Rules this September in London, Reading or Birmingham.
The new Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Accounts Rules are due to come into effect from 25 November 2019 and our series of working lunch seminars in September will support and advise law firms on the implications and what the new rules mean to them.
• The new framework & compliance structure along with the new focus on risk
• Who is bound by the new rules Who is bound by the new rules
- Two hours of networking with like-minded people at the only networking event for business services within legal!
- Exposure to over 100 law firms and suppliers
- Assistance making connections and finding solutions
- Help with finding a new job
- Food and drinks
- The chance to catch up with old and new colleagues
- We give you access t
Now in its fifth year, Advanced World is the largest annual gathering of the Advanced customer community.
What to expect
Impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Legal Sector
For the legal sector, the impact of artificial intelligence is predicted to be transformational, but is viewed with apprehension by many within the profession. This panel session will involve leading players in the legal industry discussing their experiences, and predictions of how artificial intelligence could and is already being harnessed as a positive force in legal businesses.
Doug Hargrove (Panel Chair) - Managing Director of Legal and Education at Advanced (LinkedIn)
Alex Smith – Practice Manager at Buss Murton (LinkedIn)
Kim Carmyllie – Practice Manager at Price Slater Gawne (LinkedIn)
Barrie Hadfield – CTO at Workshare (LinkedIn)
Mike Washburn – Managing Director at Axiom TDM Limited (LinkedIn)
2018 marks the Institute’s 40th anniversary. To help celebrate, our annual one-day conference and AGM will take place in Birmingham on Friday 16 November 2018. The event will take place at Austin Court, which is part of the Institution of Engineering and Technology. This is a unique, listed building in the heart of Birmingham city centre. It is a beautiful blend of modern design and period features in an inspiring waterside location.
What to expect
Today, more than ever, firms are hungry for commonsense support and guidance on how to deal with the changing landscape of legal finance. Our prestigious line-up of speakers includes the following:
- The Director of Policy from the SRA will take the opportunity to talk about the latest SRA Handbook changes and how the SRA is progressing with its theme of “looking to the future.”
- Following feedback from last year, our legal VAT expert, Darren Whelan, who is also our VAT trainer for law firms, will investigate and demonstrate some of the everyday conundrums our members face with VAT and give us some valuable examples of solutions and outcomes.
- The Access to Justice Foundation will join us again to update us on their great work and to celebrate the substantial donations they have received as a result of your Institute’s work with them. To complement the great speakers we have already secured, we are putting the final touches to our line-up, so watch out for more news in Legal Abacus and on our website.
The Solihull Property Hub will provide regular opportunities for you to meet and share your knowledge with a local group of experts about the relevant and topical issues in your area. They will be attended by representatives from all parties involved in the property transaction, from conveyancers, estate agents and developers, to surveyors, lenders and Local Authorities – and will make for engaging and relevant discussion spanning the length and breadth of the industry.
Work in an operational or support role in legal? LSN’s law firm forums are a unique opportunity to meet others like you! They're designed to help you make new connections, find solutions, catch up with colleagues and, if you’re looking, help you find a new job!
Our networking events are FREE to attend but only if you work in a law firm or solicitors practice.