In this episode, Tory MP Ken Clarke reveals why he has occasionally dressed up in women’s underwear. The former Lord Chancellor and current Father of the House of Commons also tells Kevin what he thinks of his new-found fans – drawn by his outspoken views on Brexit.
This episode won't disappoint. The pair also discuss: pressure to modify Ken's Nottinghamshire accent; attending Rushcliffe beauty parades for column inches; death threats; selfies; and Trump (the president, not the inflatable baby).
In this episode, Kevin is joined by Yasmin Sheikh. Yasmin is the founder of Diverse Matters, vice-chair of the Law Society’s Lawyers with Disabilities Division, consultant, coach, actress, comedian and TEDx speaker.
During their conversation, Yasmin talks about her experience of being thrown into the world of disability overnight and the daily challenges she faces. Yasmin also discusses the impactful work she's doing with law firms, advising about disability-related issues in an effort to improve communication, visibility and opportunities.
We are thrilled to welcome Bukola Obadun-Craigs as a senior associate to the residential property management team, underpinning our strategy to deliver excellence to our customer base within this growing sector.
Bukola brings with her a wealth of residential property litigation expertise and joins us from the national firm Shoosmiths where she was Head of Housing Management litigation for the past five years.
On Thursday 5th July, Brethertons held its second Annual Staff Conference. It was a fantastic opportunity for employees across all practice areas and all regional offices to come together to discuss strategy, customers and get involved in team building activities to strengthen our people engagement.
As the holidays are fast approaching, we are seeing a rise in demand for locum lawyers at a range of firms up and down the country, from niche boutique practices to regional heavyweights ranked in the Legal 500. Due to this spike in locum activity, many legal professionals are taking the opportunity to benefit from the advantages of working on a temporary basis.
Self-employed contractor status: high earning potential
- Openings at the top 15 Deloitte Fast 50 company span technical pre-sales, services delivery & product development
- The company specialises in integrated ECM Software that helps companies exploit their investments in Office 365/ SharePoint and other ECM content repositories including, M-Files, OpenText, Microfocus Content Manager, Box and many more
Repstor, the ECM software specialist, has launched a major new recruitment drive. Reporting significant revenue growth, the company is experiencing substantial demand for its ECM software which capitalises on
Whilst we at CB Resourcing are always busy with legal information jobs in London, we have also been very busy over the past few years helping law firms with ‘North shoring’ their jobs to the major hubs in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham as well as other regional centres such as Bristol.
We’ve also worked on legal information positions further afield in locations such as the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, Caribbean and the Middle East.
Generously hosted by our friends at Addleshaw Goddard, the latest event in the portfolio puts the focus on the transformations taking place within buildings and office space.
What to expect
On the speaker line up………..
- Alexander East, modern workplace and security specialist, Microsoft
- Ross Jeremy, head of collaboration, Simmons and Simmons
- Yuval Dvir, global online scaled partnerships, Google
- Senior representative, Deloitte
- Alaana Linney, director, Bupa Health Services
- David Fazakerley, CIO, MW Solicitors
- Peter Gill, chief commercial officer, Converge
- Richard Francis, principal, Monomoy and steering comimittee member, UK Green Building Council
- Justine Thompson, Head of Diversity and Inclusivity, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Julie Wacker, Business Psychologist, Robertson Cooper
- Senior representative, Addleshaw Goddard
- Daniel Winterfeldt, Global capital markets partner,, Reed Smith and founder, Interlaw diversity forum
Following the publication of Cascade’s Stress Report 2018, our HR Business Partner Emily Cryan was approached by Elite Franchise magazine to answer a number of questions about wellbeing in the workplace. You can read her thoughts in full, here…
Why should employers be mindful of their employees’ mental health?
There is so much to say on this subject.
Firstly, look at the UK population – mental health is a growing concern.
Laura Hodson is a Product & Furniture Design graduate with 6 years’ experience in the recruitment industry. After graduating in 2012 she started her career in agency recruitment focused on the technology sector. More recently Laura worked in internal recruitment for Accenture based on site at Unilever hiring across a wide spectrum of specialisations.