Marketing & BD
In the context of its new strategic plan, “e for excellence,” Econocom Group is delighted to announce the arrival of Julie Verlingue as international managing director and member of the group’s executive board.
Law firms are all in the business of serving their clients, but in a climate where the smart ones are laser-focused on delivering value for those businesses as efficiently as possible, they also need to ensure the relationship can yield a profitable return. “Firms are increasingly good at being very proactive to bring more value to the client’s table – but how can they ensure new business is really good business for the firm?” says Elisabet Hardy, vice president, LES global product management and marketing at Thomson Reuters Elite.
We understand that you are competing in a much tougher climate than ever before; the role of the trusted advisor both internally and externally has changed significantly. Competition now not only comes from other law firms but also from your peers inside of your firm.
Join PCA Law and ourselves for a half day workshop where we will provide you with actionable insight to help you outmanoeuvre even the strongest competitor.
During our time we will explore:
09:00am - Coffee and registration
09:15am - Introduction and welcome
Steve Zangari, sales and marketing director, LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions
09:30am - The evolution fo the trusted adviser
Stephen Mitchell & Nikki Squire, PCA Law
- How does communication now play a central role in the new product offering of your firm and in your own role as a Trusted Advisor?
- How can you use the Trust Equation to better understand how to drive internal engagement and influence your key stakeholders?
- What type of listening is required to ensure your transformation projects are fit for purpose, both internally and externally?
- How can you personally play a central role in being the architect of innovation within your organisation?
- And what does this all mean for the types of internal conversations you should be having?
Using a highly interactive forum theatre format, examining a typical internal client influencing conversation, PCA Law will explore all of the above questions so that attendees can take some practical conclusions back to their firms, informing both their strategic decision making and the way they approach their day-to-day stakeholder conversations.
11:00am - Coffee break
11:30am - 360° Perspective: Law Firm Business Development, Freeing up Clever People’s Time
Scott Winter, Director of Product Management, InterAction, LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions
12:00pm - Trust and transparency between large law firms and their clients
Mark Smith, Market Development Director, LexisNexis UK
- In an era where law firm churn and frequent panel reviews seem ever more common, where pricing certainty and transparency are always under the spotlight, are law firms losing client trust?
- Following on from last year’s research into the voice of the client in top 50 law firms, LexisNexis have commissioned the University of Cambridge’s Judge Business School to investigate the trust between large law firms and their clients. The research looks at the dynamics of transparency and trust through a robust and proven academic lens, illuminates the archetypes of trust, and provides practical suggestions to build and deepen trust.
12:30pm - Close, lunch
Smarter working means enabling flexibility, creating modern work spaces and maximising returns from your use of new and existing IT systems. It’s no surprise that cloud-first strategies have boomed across the globe as businesses seek to gain an edge on the competition.
Nigel Wright, CEO at Converge Technology Specialists, says: “The SME legal market is coming to terms with the changing landscapes – and many forward-thinking firms now understand why they need to adapt to the future of ‘modern’ law.”
Highly regarded commercial law specialist, PG Legal, has implemented the Law Society endorsed Proclaim Practice Management Software solution from Eclipse Legal Systems, the UK’s leading legal software provider.
PropTech company tmgroup are pleased to announce that they are GDPR compliant – following an intensive review process led by independent data protection officer, Richard Benham.
Replacing the Data Protection Directive (DPD) and the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as of 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are new regulations set out by the European Union – with basic principles including accuracy, transparency and fairness.
An Oyez Professional Services survey finds solicitors optimistic about future and only a quarter are certain that Brexit will affect them.
A recent Oyez Professional Services customer survey has revealed that 7 out 10 firms surveyed believe that their firms will grow in 2018.
The majority of respondents (53%) are unsure about the effect Brexit will have on the UK legal market. Only 23% are definite that it will affect them.
With respondents from 101 legal firms this is a reliable sample base which shows an optimistic industry sentiment.
Wilson Legal Solutions, a leading provider of software and services that help professional services organizations improve business performance, today announced that Stu Gooderham has joined the company as commercial director for its EMEA operations. In his new role, Gooderham will be directing Wilson’s go-to-market activities in EMEA, as well as localizing and refining its corporate strategy to meet the needs of clients in the region.