Sharp rise in revenue at end of March 2015
- €510 million, up 13%, 11% of which is organic
- Continuing organic growth in all business lines
- 2015 guidance and ambitions of the “Mutation” 2013-2017 strategic plan confirmed
Strong organic growth for the second quarter running
Econocom, a European company specialising in the digital transformation of businesses, reported revenue of €510 million in the first quarter of 2015, compared with €450 million at the end of March 2014 and €375 million at the end of March 2013, i.e. an increase of 13% in reported data (11% of which is organic) in one year and 36% over two years.
This rise reflects the group’s growth dynamic, with revenue increasing 14% in the last quarter of 2014. Econocom has benefited from the boom in connected devices within organisations and businesses and the complementary nature of its three activities.
As in the previous quarter, all the group’s businesses reported organic growth:
- Technology Management & Financing confirmed the strong performance reported at the end of 2014, with revenue of €240 million in the first quarter of 2015, an entirely organic growth of 12%.
- Revenue for Services amounts to €169 million for the quarter, i.e. 2% organic growth and a 9% rise in reported data.
- Products & Solutions posted revenue of €101 million, an entirely organic growth of 25%.
Continuing the investment strategy
The group’s strong growth since the launch of its “Mutation” 2013-2017 strategic plan and the 2015 first-quarter figures are a testament to the success of the group’s position in the dynamic digital transformation market.
Econocom plans to continue its investments in 2015 to support its strategy. To that end, its main focuses will be:
- Continuing its targeted acquisition strategy. The group is working on several mediumsized transactions with the aim of bolstering its consulting and mobile application capabilities and its Security division, which are central to companies’ digital transformation;
- Developing its in-house funding subsidiary;
- Buying back treasury shares as part of its shareholder return and dilution control policy. As of 31 March 2015, the group held 2,664,571 shares, i.e. 2.37% of the share capital.
Annual guidance confirmed
In light of this positive trend at the beginning of the year, Econocom confirms its 2015 guidance for both revenue and profit, and therefore expects another year of organic growth in revenue and a rise in recurring operating profit and net earnings per share.
- Annual General Meeting: 19 May 2015
- Halfway through its "Mutation" 2013-2017 strategic plan, Econocom will present its ambitions and growth model for 2017 on the morning of 17 June in Paris.
- The 2015 preliminary half-year revenue release will be published after the close of trading on 24 July