Briefing 5P conference 2018, London
Hear from experts inside and outside of the legal sector about how to be at the cutting-edge and drive profitability.
This year’s Briefing 5P conference will look at how law firms can break down silos to improve business performance in a challenging market.
Explore how to get your people to understand and use data across the business to improve pricing, up your pitching game and meet client expectations, and how to make the most out of project management and process improvement by using new technology.
Congratulations to the winners for the Briefing 5P proposal game 2018!
- Nicole Beck, director, client value and strategy, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Kristel van den Elzen, marketing & business development manager, DLA Piper UK
- Chris Hanley, pricing and project accountant, Pinsent Masons
- Paul Hollingworth, business intelligence analyst, Charles Russell Speechlys
- Elpiniki Keremidou, senior controller, Bird & Bird
- Jack Martin, european legal project management & pricing senior manager, Mayer Brown
- Jumi Shonubi, legal project manager, Linklaters
- Georgina Thorpe, pricing manager, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Bridget Uebel, marketing and business development consultant
Panel of judges
- Kate Burns, general counsel and company secretary, notonthehighstreet
- Henry Firmstone, deputy general counsel, commercial banking, HSBC UK
- Elaine Hutton, EU general counsel, Shiseido Group
- Steve Roberts, chief counsel, procurement, BT
- John O’Donoghue, head of pricing and funding - disputes, Herbert Smith Freehills (2016 winner)
- Stuart Hopper, head of practice development and knowledge – EMEA, Dentons (2016 winner)
Kate Burns, general counsel, Not on the High Street
Henry Firmstone, deputy general counsel, commercial banking, HSBC UK
Elaine Hutton, EU general counsel, Shiseido Group
Steve Roberts, chief counsel procurement and wholesale customers, BT
Experts from outside the sector:
Tim Arthur, creative director, Virgin Money
James Brown, partner, Simon-Kucher & Partners
Luan de Burgh, director, de Burgh Training
John Burdass, director of commercial pricing, Experian
Jaeger Glucina, senior legal product expert, Luminance
Meirion Jones, director, Client Critical
Claire Offord, director, ClientFace
Dinesh Shah, director, Deloitte
Ben Weinberger, lawyer in residence, Prosperoware
Law firm leaders:
David Aird, IT director, DAC Beachcroft
Stephen Allen, global head of legal services delivery, Hogan Lovells
Jared Applegate, director of pricing, Barnes & Thornburg
Adrian Avanzato, head of pricing, Pinsent Masons
Zelinda Bennett, international marketing director, DLA Piper
Greg Bott, head of the client development centre, Addleshaw Goddard
Karen Jacks, IT director, Bird & Bird
Cathy Mattis, head of legal project management, UK/US & EMEA, Herbert Smith Freehills
Claire McNamara, director of knowledge management, HFW
Stuart Peggie, international business manager, Eversheds Sutherland
Clare Quinn-Waters, senior client development manager, Baker McKenzie
Alex Smith, innovation manager, Reed Smith
Do firms fundamentally misunderstand what profitability is and how to measure and use it?
What’s the best way to use the breadth and flow of data across your organisation to improve performance?
How can firms use technology and data to price more accurately and can pricing specialists accelerate this change?
Has anything really changed in pitching? We’ll examine how to differentiate by leveraging the benefits of data, diverse teams and collaboration.
How can you make the most out of project management and process improvement when delivering client and firm-wide internal work?
Client expectations have changed, but do firms really understand this and are they making the most out of this opportunity to build a stronger relationship?
Why should you attend?
1) We’re bringing back our enormously successful pitching game from 5P 2016 – work with a team of law firm leaders to put your learning from the conference into practice by pitching for a fictional piece of work in front of a panel of GCs
2) As always, our agenda will packed with in-house counsel so you can hear what the client really wants
3) There will be more interaction, tools and advice to take home than ever before
Who should attend?
Senior leaders from across business services – including marketing and BD, finance, project management, innovation, pricing, HR, procurement, operations, knowledge strategy and process.
“The 5P conferences always bring together an interesting and valuable mix of senior people working across all aspects of legal management. At the 2016 conference the delegates also had the chance to run through a live tender in a competitive pitching game, which was great fun”. - Geraint Evans, head of new business, CMS
"I had such an enjoyable and engaging day. You have given me lots of food for thought and I have come away thoroughly energised. I thought the afternoon sessions worked well, so many thanks (and well done) for corralling us all." - Abi Williams, head of programme management, Burges Salmon LLP
"Thanks to you and all of the team for putting on a great event." - Ed Hunt, business process improvement team manager operational change, DWF LLP
"Hope the other attendees enjoyed it as much as I did." - Stuart Hopper, head of practice development and knowledge EMEA, Dentons