Video: In-house legal leaders panel at the Briefing OLIL conference 2014
Video Length: 27 mins 02 secs
'Responding to the changing nature of in-house legal teams and their legal service requirements'
Filmed at the Briefing Operational Leaders In Legal 2014 conference (Nov 2014), this keynote panel features insights from in-house legal leaders at Barclays. Thomson Reuters, Tyco International and Vodafone.
In-house counsel panel discussion:
- Examining the changing nature of the buyer of the legal services as in-house legal teams grow and require less full service delivery and more real expertise
- Examining the changing role of in-house lawyers to entrepreneurial, legal-based business advisers who are better at pre-empting problems than private practice partners
- What are these new clients looking for from law firms and how can firms better support them
- Client-facing account managers and better management information
- Partnering with clients and collaborative working with other firms
- What will the private practice partner's value-add be in the future?
- Examining the panel process and the restrictions imposed by legal procurement teams
Line up of speakers included:
- Jonathan Beak, chief counsel - legal, UK and Ireland, Thomson Reuters
- Sarah Spooner, head of legal, Vodafone
- David Symonds, VP, regional general counsel EMEA, Tyco International
- Angela Williams, head of legal, global cash management and debt advisory, Barclays
- Julia Chain, JSC Associates
Contact the LSN team about Briefing OLIL 2015 via email: email@example.com or call 0870 112 5058