Assistant Officer – Compliance
Compliance professional required to be an assistant officer within a Legal 500 practice located in Peterborough.
Reporting to the head of compliance, the successful assistant will play a key role in the department, ensuring that the highest levels of quality standards are maintained, and that the firm is compliant with not only applicable legislation but regulatory requirements. Client satisfaction and maintaining the firm's reputation will be key focuses of your role.
• Handling compliance and audit enquiries internally
• Investigating breaches
• Maintaining the risk register and document register
• Producing compliance reports
• Processing renewals for practice certificates and accreditation applications
• Managing Riliance
• Coordinating compliance training firm-wide
• Processing starter and leaver applications for Lexcel and CQS
• Ad-hoc internal audits and projects work
• Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory requirements
• A compliance professional with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position
• Previous experience working with quality accreditations is essential
• Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates excellent and accurate attention to detail
• Knowledge of Lexcel and CQS in particular is highly advantageous
• IT literate with particular expertise using Microsoft Office
• Understands the importance of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
• Is diligent, highly organised and personable
A Legal 500 multi-office practice, this firm provides a diverse range of legal services to both individuals and businesses. Staffed by a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers, who pride themselves on excellent client care and a cost-effective, practical service, they have achieved numerous awards and quality accreditations including Lexcel. Recognising the importance of giving back, they are actively involved within their local communities and have built an enviable client base both within the region and across the UK.
• On-site car parking
• Offices located close to strong transport links
• Opportunities for continued professional development
• Positive working environment
• Responsibility from the outset
Assistant Officer – Compliance
For further details of this Assistant Compliance Officer vacancy, please contact Simon on 01954 208075 quoting reference SS05204641.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Please follow our agency on LinkedIn, where we post up to date information, jobs and case studies.
Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are a recruitment agency, all vacancy descriptions are of general content and no responsibility is taken for salary or PQE differences. The salary range shown on the current advert may not have been an indication provided by the client and could be a guideline from our research team as a broad indication on salary scales in the market, dependent on experience.
By applying for this position at Law Staff Legal you confirm that you have the experience, training, qualifications and any authorisation required by law or by any professional body, which the position requires and that you are willing to work in the position.
By applying for this position you give Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited authorisation to submit your curriculum vitae to the hirer. If you do not wish us to make this application on your behalf please email informing Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited of such. Please note however, once an introduction has been made by Law Staff Legal Recruitment it cannot be withdrawn this and you are bound by the terms as stated here in our terms supplied on our web site.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003, Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited require all candidates applying for a position to provide via email, fax or post, a copy of photographic identity and proof of address.
Please also note that all communication, including telephone calls, with Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes.
To view Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration terms please go to our website.
As part of Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Address: Please see our website for details