Large International City law firm wish to hire a Risk and Compliance officer to join their central compliance team in Manchester.
Supporting the Risk Manager and wider compliance team you will be required to look at all risk and compliance initiatives across the firm. You will be required to liaise with fee earners and Partners when reviewing conflict checks and confidentiality issues, carrying out due diligence to comply with anti-money laundering regulations and ensuring the necessary laws are followed. You will also be required to carry out risk assessments, taking each application into consideration when assessing when further action is required.
Other tasks include; conducting audits upon request, client and matter inception, data updates, updating of key information regarding policies and procedures, other ad-hoc and risk management projects. You will be required to deputise for the manager when necessary as well as provide assistance and guidance to junior team members regarding compliance queries.
Candidates will be educated to degree level and have a strong working knowledge of SRA rules. You will have current exposure to risk, AML checks, risk assessments and client due diligence in a law firm. You wiil also possess;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus. • Excellent communications skills.
- Experience using Elite Enterprise or similar management systems (Desirable).
- Strategic thinker with commercial awareness.
- Confident dealing with senior management and ensuring service levels are adhered to
- Confident and proactive approach. • Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
To apply contact Neil Hagan quoting ref. NH9649