Excellent opportunity for a diplomatic Practice Manager to join a highly regarded law firm in Portsmouth.
Reporting to the managing partner the successful practice manager will be responsible for daily supervision of the administration and reception team. Taking on a wide range of office management tasks, the position is suited to a highly organised applicant, who has a warm friendly approach and a good sense of humour.
- Implementing and monitoring employment policies and procedures
- Liaising with external consultants
- Ordering office supplies
- Diary management and organising meetings
- Maintaining equipment and liaising with IT providers
- Premises management and liaising with the landlord
- Overseeing properties owned by the partners
- Managing budgets
- Business development and marketing initiatives
- Devising and updating office procedures and administrative systems
- Overseeing health and safety policies and being appointed the first aider
- All HR functions including updating personnel files, arranging interviews and dealing with disciplinary matters
- Undertaking performance management and appraisals
- Liaising with accounts team
- Undertaking financial matters, such as recording fee earners' billing
- SRA and other regulatory compliance
- Management of all employee relations issues, including absences, maternity leave and grievances
- Restructuring and redundancies
- Organising in-house and external training for fee earners and support staff
- Organising professional indemnity insurance renewal
- Ensuring the renewal of fee earners' practising certificates and CPD training requirement compliance
- Manage CQS panel status and other panel requirements
- Keeping accurate negligence claim records
- Administering car, mobiles phones and insurances
- Minute taking
- Organising staff events
- Practice management experience is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent financial and IT skills will be necessary
- Personable with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Able to positively contribute to business development and brand marketing
- Exceptional literacy and written skills are essential
- Supervisory experience is advantageous
Our client is a full-service practice, dedicated to providing high-quality legal advice to private and commercial clients locally and further afield across the nation for well over 60 years. With client care at their core, they have achieved Lexcel accreditation and continue to go from strength to strength. Owing to sustained success, the firm now seeks a practice manager to join its office in Hampshire.
For further details of this Practice Manager vacancy, please contact Victoria on 01954 208 073 quoting reference VK04431041.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are a recruitment agency, all vacancy descriptions are of general content and no responsibility is taken for salary or PQE differences. The salary range shown on the current advert may not have been an indication provided by the client and could be a guideline from our research team as a broad indication on salary scales in the market, dependent on experience.
By applying for this position at Law Staff Legal you confirm that you have the experience, training, qualifications and any authorisation required by law or by any professional body, which the position requires and that you are willing to work in the position.
By applying for this position you give Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited authorisation to submit your curriculum vitae to the hirer. If you do not wish us to make this application on your behalf please email informing Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited of such. Please note however, once an introduction has been made by Law Staff Legal Recruitment it cannot be withdrawn this and you are bound by the terms as stated here in our terms supplied on our web site.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003, Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited require all candidates applying for a position to provide via email, fax or post, a copy of photographic identity and proof of address.
Please also note that all communication, including telephone calls, with Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes.
To view Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration terms please go to our website.
As part of Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Address: Please see our website for details