How Baskerville Drummond defined and implemented an IT strategy for a progressive regional law firm
To align IT with business and improving reliability and performance whilst bringing expenditure in line with industry benchmarks.
- IT issues were a regular occurrence which hampered productivity
- Expenditure on IT had risen to 9.6% of turnover – a premium price for sub-optimal service
- Lack of a thought-through and comprehensive IT strategy had led to an ad-hoc “shopping list” approach
To develop and execute a IT strategy to resolve fundamental challenges with the current provision.
- Undertook detailed IT strategic review which factored in the impacts of earlier business decisions in developing future strategy
- Identified a program of short to mid-term projects to improve day to day issues
- Developed a longer-term strategy to full address all issues identified in the initial review
- Re-negotiation of contracts to improve terms, detail formal SLAs whilst reducing cost
- Executed the agreed strategy
- Cost reduction strategy in place and on track to bring IT expenditure in-line with industry benchmarks
- Significant risks and technical issues caused by hosting arrangements and application delivery methods are resolved
- Enhanced end-user support with strict SLA in place with penalties for poor performance
- End-user experience much improved with enhanced mobility