- Industry analysis from Intelligent Office UK: Change for the better
This article was also featured as an industry analysis in the March 2016 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, download...
- Intelligent Office UK - Review of 2015
Introduction by Rachel McCorry, chief executive at Intelligent Office UK
Welcome to this round up of Intelligent Office UK’s news from 2015 – a busy year, both for us and for the legal market.
- Capsticks agrees contract renewal with Intelligent Office
Specialist business services outsourcing provider Intelligent Office UK has secured a second term with UK law firm Capsticks.
The deal continues the relationship between Intelligent Office and Capsticks, which began in...
- Intelligent Office sets the ‘Gold’ standard
Intelligent Office UK has been awarded the Investors in People (IIP) Gold standard - the highest level of IIP recognition. The support services provider joins an elite number of organisations, as just 7% of IIP’s...
- Outsourced services provider Intelligent Office is opening its second onshore shared services centre in Glasgow
Intelligent Office today confirmed the expansion of its transcription services division with the new centre in Glasgow which it said would complement its existing operation in nearby Alloa. The new centre will...
- Why business process outsourcing and love aren't so different
With romantic relationships, courtship is all about finding out what the person likes or dislikes, and how their minds work. Often, new relationships are started with some trepidation - will this work out, will I get my...
- Could your front of house staff win you more business?
When potential clients visit your offices, what’s the first thing they encounter? A carefully prepared pitch proposal? A senior partner? Or your front of house staff?
Of course, it’s not just the intellect and experience of...
- How to buy business process outsourcing services
Legal practices continue to look for ways of adapting their businesses to what Richard Susskind calls a ‘new legal profession’. In doing so, many are reflecting on what it is that lawyers do best. They are asking “what is it...
- What sort of person works for an outsourcing company?
Take four people and ask them what they do to relax. One likes nothing more than to settle down in front of the TV with his fiancé and a bottle of red wine and has a penchant for cake. Another is a cat lover whose pastimes include...
- Getting your house in order
The UK legal profession is a £30bn outsourcing success story. Of course, it doesn’t see itself this way; it still views itself as a profession and indeed it is, but the reason law firms exist at all is because most organisations...
- Operational benefits - why a better operational structure is worth the bother
The competitive pressures on firms across the UK top 200 are well-documented, the principal war cry being the demand “more for less” from clients. This downward pressure on margins coupled with longer working hours will only intensify...
- Driving service and cost efficiencies through effective records management
Intelligent Office began delivering services to HBJ Gateley’s Edinburgh office in October 2002. Since then our offering has grown considerably, from providing...
- Improving service whilst reducing cost: key achievements delivered through outsourcing
Farrer & Co is an independent law firm with a rich history. A centuries-long tradition of advising private families, individuals and charitable institutions is...
- Transforming back office support: key achievements
Capsticks is independently rated by The Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as the leading provider of legal services to the health and social care sector and in the...