- HBR Consulting law firm cloud strategy: More than “cloud first”
Law firm cloud adoption continues to rise, with 72% of firms reporting they expect their adoption of cloud-based solutions to increase in the coming year, according to the 2019 ILTA Technology Survey. The potential economic benefits of the cloud...
- HBR Consulting: The top three priorities for your law firm’s procurement function in 2020
It is no secret that law firms today face an increasingly competitive environment. Between accelerating pressure from alternative legal service providers and startup firms, new regulatory expectations with dire penalties, economic forecasts...
- HBR Consulting: A look forward and back
This has been a transformative decade for the legal industry – and for HBR Consulting, as well. At the outset of the current decade, the legal industry was beginning to emerge from a recession. The decade saw a growing focus on value in...
- Getting Off the Treadmill: Finding IT’s next path with HBR Consulting
Market forces are beginning to push law firm IT functions to manage in a more complex environment, but also to continuously evolve and enhance the enablement of practice delivery. Attorneys are more mobile and more connected. Clients are more...
- HBR Consulting: Analytics maturity in legal organizations: Lessons from “The Karate Kid”
Many corporate law departments and law firms are legal analytics novices: they have not yet developed the ability to ground their guidance in historical data, measurement and statistics. In order to do so, they must incrementally increase their...
- HBR Consulting: Creating a culture of privacy
Complying With Domestic and Global Requirements by Changing the Way We Value Data Privacy
There is a fundamental difference, on a cultural level, between how privacy is viewed in the U.S. and abroad. This white paper...
- 2019 Law Department Survey: Key takeaways from HBR Consulting
Law departments are maximizing internal staff and embracing innovative resourcing strategies as legal needs continue to rise. This infographic summarizes the key takeaways from the...
- Progress and pragmatism: Reflections on the Law Firm Innovation Summit from HBR Consulting
HBR was recently privileged to co-sponsor ARK’s second annual Law Firm Innovation Summit. The event welcomed 120 attendees, spanning a range of job titles including formal innovation titles, KM, IT, client value and development, COOs,...
- HBR Consulting: How Can Firms Punch Above Their Weight?
It is an increasingly competitive market for law firms. Law departments are bringing more work in house, continuing to consolidate the number of outside firms they use, and sending more work to alternative legal service providers. To...
- Global employment company achieves significant savings by restructuring vendor engagements with HBR Consulting
A recruitment and career management company that operates globally engaged HBR Consulting (HBR) to increase efficiencies and cut costs in its rapidly-changing environment.
- The 2019 Legal Lab Executive Summary, from HBR Consulting
Legal Lab 2019, HBR’s fifth annual gathering of leaders from leading law departments and law firms, marked a turning point from prior years where we were poised on the brink of change in the legal industry.
- Growth and gratitude: HBR recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies
The legal industry is in the midst of a major transformation, and HBR Consulting is fortunate to be at the forefront of that change. As trusted advisors and providers to both law departments and law firms, we understand how the unique strategies...
- HBR Consulting discuss their recent visit to ILTACON 2019
It was great to see so many friends at ILTACON in Orlando last week – it was an excellent opportunity to network, learn and have fun.
While this year’s conference theme and location surrounded us with nostalgic TV characters...
- Implementing a law firm records disposition program, from HBR Consulting
Managing a records retention and disposition program is one of the chronic challenges for any organization in the information age. Businesses and government agencies of all sizes are seeking to implement or improve these programs due to increased...
- Five reasons to build your law firm’s IT security framework on NIST standards
Law firms are daily targets for cybercrime and targeted data breaches. Criminals are keenly aware that
law firms can be a “back door” to valuable confidential data, such as trade secrets, intellectual property