- Extech Cloud win a regional award at the 2019 Chamber Business Awards
Extech Cloud has been crowned one of the winners in the Southern Region heats of the Chamber Business Awards 2019. Now in their 16th year, the Awards are a highlight of the business calendar, recognising the key role that local businesses...
- Extech Cloud win big at the Chamber Business Awards 2019
Extech Cloud, an IT Support and Cloud technology company, with its headquarters based in Burgess Hill in Mid Sussex, has been crowned one of the winners in the Southern Region heats of the Chamber Business Awards 2019. Now in their 16th year, the...
- Extech Cloud speak to Alex Smith, Buss Murton Law: Running a modern law firm with traditional values; change management and capitalising on opportunities
In the second of this two-part Buss Murton Law special, Extech Cloud speaks to Alex Smith, Partner and Head of Finance and Operations, on how to run a modern law firm with traditional values. Alex...
- Extech Cloud speaks to Andrew Linton: Running a modern law firm with traditional values
In this two-part Buss Murton Law special, Extech Cloud spoke to Andrew Linton, Managing Partner, and Alex Smith, Head of Finance and Operations, on how to run a modern law firm with a traditional heritage.
- Extech Cloud interviews David Baskerville: getting the most from your IT and avoiding the hype
The legal IT market can sometimes fail to deliver the hype which we’re supposed to believe about new technology — creating a disillusion which can hinder progress. In fact, it can often resemble the Gartner Hype Scale...
- Dean Orgill, Mayo Wynne Baxter: The rise of the digital lawyer is a question of when, not if
Technological advancement is one area of society that seemingly operates with perpetual motion. Innovation is increasing at an astonishing rate, and the technological trajectory is heading in a direction that we once would consider sci-fi. So,...
- Michael Axe, Gardner Leader: The greatest risk for the legal industry is not adapting to the times
Charles Darwin’s famous theory on evolution rings true not just within nature, but business too. Darwin wrote that “it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives, but the species...
- Welcome to the SmartCloud era: How the public and private cloud has changed
There has long been a debate in IT circles around what is typically called the private cloud and the public cloud. IT Directors have long pondered how to drive cost-effective innovation to meet commercial objectives, and Extech Cloud have a long...
- Karen Lord, Healys: The legal industry needs to think about its succession plans
For years, succession planning in law firms has been a fairly straightforward task. Budding young lawyers aspire to become partners and current partners coach and mentor them until they are ready to...
- The evolution from Citrix (VDT) to modern hybrid or full cloud solutions
Does your firm use a Citrix remote desktop system? If so, do you know why? It’s an important question to know the answer to. The reason for this is because there has been an underlying shift in IT which, at its fundamental levels, affects...
- What large clients expect of a law firm’s security practices
Quick action guide:
- Ensure your firm has adequate information and security training and guidance documentation
- Encrypt all the firm’s IT assets (laptops, phones etc.)
- How law firms can tighten their cybersecurity with the right leadership
Quick Action Guide:
- Find out if your firm can demonstrate that it is operating to SRA standards and guidelines
- Ensure your firm has oversight and understanding of the security threat landscape...
- Jonathan Grant, DMH Stallard: Mid-sized law firms face a strategic challenge over the next few years
Competing for clients and finding ways to maximise profits always has, and will always, be a main objective of any firm. How firms decide to do this will vary, from competing by geography and service or by maximising efficiencies and reducing...
- What law firms can learn from the National Cyber Security Centre (part of GCHQ)
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), part of GCHQ, have determined that the safest place to keep their data is with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Service.
Time to debunk a myth then: private cloud (typically a local cloud service)...