- Lack of diversity should raise flag about firms, LSB tells regulators
Legal regulators should in future make workforce diversity one of the factors when they rate the risk that firms present to the public, and focus supervision on those with the worst records, according to a report.
The Legal Services Board...
- Legal Services Board pledges to work better with regulators
LSB responds to accusations from industry regulators of micro-management and overstepping its remit
The Legal Services Board (LSB) has restated its intention to work better with industry regulators following a series of...
- LSB “putting too much weight” on solicitors’ poor score in will-writing mystery shopping
Concerns over the standard of will-writing by solicitors are based on limited evidence and the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) should not have to prove its ability to regulate such work, the Law Society has claimed.
- Internet revolution “yet to reach legal services” as consumers cry out for better online help
The Internet revolution has “yet to reach legal services”, new research has found, meaning consumers jump at the idea of an ‘official’ online resource to help them resolve their legal issues.
The study for the Legal Services Board...
- IPReg set to apply this year to become ABS regulator number 3
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) will apply this year to become an alternative business structure (ABS) licensing authority, it has emerged.
Having unveiled its plans shortly before Christmas, IPReg has published a...