- Quill: Action for Children is our new charity of the year
With the beginning of the new financial year getting closer, we’ve chosen our new charity of the year for 2020-21. For the next 12 months, we’ll be actively fundraising for Action for Children.
Should you not already be...
- Quill update: Staff have reverted to a working-from-home model for the foreseeable future
Over the course of the past few weeks, we've been preparing for the increasingly inevitable point at which we close our offices and operate from home.
Following the government’s advice yesterday that employees should work from...
- Quill: How to prepare your business for coronavirus
As the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread throughout the UK, individuals displaying symptoms are self-isolating and businesses encouraging working from home. These measures are actively recommended by the government in its approach to...
- Quill: Disbursements and expenses - VAT and its application
The legal profession is no stranger to the complications of legal accounting rules. In the past few months, law firms UK wide have been getting to grips with revisions to existing accounts regulations. Now, with recent developments in...
- Taking software integration from zero to hero by Julian Bryan, managing director, Quill
When it comes to software, attempting to be ‘all things to everyone’ is a naïve goal necessitating a never-ending journey.
You’re inevitably going to have a number of software applications in your business, from business...
- Quill's Best Companies Day celebrations
This Friday 28th February is annual Best Companies Day. As a Best Companies-accredited business, it's the perfect excuse to host a celebration as a way of showing our appreciation to everyone at Quill. After all, our brilliant employees are...
- Quill: Achieve your 2020 vision
2020 is not only a new year; it’s the start of a new decade. Hence, it’s an apt time to be mapping out your professional objectives for the years ahead.
So, did you use the seasonal break to crystalise your 2020 vision? Is IT...
- Fahri Jacob buoyed by friendly support from Quill
When long-established Fahri Jacob Solicitors first opened for business, its accounts were managed on a manual bookkeeping basis. Once industry regulators introduced new requirements for computerised accounts, the firm sourced potential software...
- Ai Law chooses cashiering-on-any-software support from Quill
When Ai Law first started, there were three employees. The firm had a busy workload and few people to share the myriad duties during its infancy.
Tom Ellis, Partner at Ai Law, explains: “In the early days, we all had to wear a lot of...
- Fairweather Law rolls out superior combined Quill-Redbrick package
Fairweather Law uses a combined Quill-Redbrick software solution for legal accounting and case management respectively. The practice decided to switch because its previous supplier inflated its fees thereby making it unsustainable for the future...
- Legal accounts rules: your responsibilities and how to comply by Julian Bryan, managing director at Quill
Where duty of care is concerned, protection of client monies is one of the highest priorities for law firms. As well as financial security being an obvious responsibility, it’s a vital regulatory obligation too.
Depending on your...
- Building trust in property transactions using TPMA, with Quill and Shieldpay
Technology is having a profound impact at all levels of our society. Nowhere is this more true than in the
property sector, where there is a live debate about the merits of introducing new technological solutions
versus the risk of...
- Quill and Shieldpay third-party managed accounts solution
If you’re au fait with the revised SRA Accounts Rules, you’ll know that part 3 includes handling client monies through the use of third-party managed accounts (TPMAs). These are an alternative to holding client money directly and have...
- Quill discuss: final preparations for the refined SRA Accounts Rules
Time’s running out for the revised SRA Accounts Rules which go live on 25th November. Because the rules are a simplified version of what they were before, if you already complied, it’s entirely plausible you don’t need to do...
- Petersfields gains complete back-up from Quill
Long-time Quill client, Petersfields LLP, utilises the full range of software and outsourcing services from its trusted supplier. Subscribing to Interactive for case management and document management, Pinpoint for outsourced...