- Why your bookkeeper should be helping to inform growth strategy
Change in the property industry is happening and it is happening in plain sight. Those who react will prosper and those who do not will struggle. We have all heard it at every conference we visit now and the good news is the roadmap that...
- Metro Bank - Has anyone used their Client Premium Deposit A/c?
Metro Bank have offered our firm an attractive rate of interest on their Client Premium Deposit Account. It is instant access and is designed for use by Solicitors and Accountants for holding clients funds. As the bank is very much the 'new kid...
- Withers' bid to take client money dispute to Supreme Court rejected
Withers has been refused permission to appeal to the Supreme Court a dispute brought against it over client money.
In December the appellate court ruled against Withers, finding that when determining whether client money held by a...
- High Court upholds legitimacy of oral retainer between solicitor and client
It is not essential that the retainer between solicitor and client is in writing, the High Court has ruled.
London firm Fladgate successfully sued client Lee Harrison for £63,332 in unpaid fees for work done in a corporate...
- Jackson: should contingency fee lawyers be liable for defendant’s costs?
Work is needed to determine whether solicitors who offer contingency fees could find themselves on the hook for a successful defendant’s costs, Lord Justice Jackson said last week.
Addressing a seminar on contingency fees hosted by...