- Exterro's seven best practices for information governance
Information governance is the set of rules used to control the creation, management, storage, and ultimately the disposition of data within an organization. It governs data from paper files, phone records, and voicemails to electronic data like...
- Exterro report: The Covid-19 e-discovery impacts are severe across industries
The first quarter of 2020 created a seismic wave of change for organisations, professionals and working life, as the COVID-19 Coronavirus swept the globe and a worldwide pandemic was declared.
With cities and countries in lockdown,...
- Friday Funnies: Exterro's meme series - working from home edition (part three)
In-person collection? Not without a mask! Learn more about how COVID-19 has impacted the e-discovery industry...
- Exterro: 10 Steps to establishing defensible data privacy practices
The regulatory landscape is changing at lightning speed. About 64% of countries now have data protection or privacy legislation and there are numerous new laws on the horizon, including a further 8% of countries with draft legislation.
- Friday Funnies: Exterro's meme series – comfy edition
And here's to pajamas: The most worn-to-work item of 2020.
Who says e-discovery isn...
- Exterro: Focus on these seven cybersecurity risk areas
The COVID-19 pandemic has flipped the global economy on its head: extended business disruptions have created uncertainty in both economic and health terms. During pandemics, organizations are focused on employee health and business continuity....
- Exterro advice: How to prepare for a new era of third-party data management
As legal professionals at all levels—in-house corporate attorneys and outside counsel alike—assist their organizations and clients in complying with substantial, global changes to the way personal data is regulated, there is one area...
- Friday Funnies: Exterro's meme series – budgeting edition
Look at this:...
- Exterro: Building a data inventory at your organization
What is a Data Inventory (or a Data Map)?
A data inventory (sometimes referred to as a data map or data mapping), is a comprehensive catalog of data assets held by an organization. A well-maintained data inventory includes...
- Exterro: Overcoming the legal GRC challenges facing businesses today
Many business challenges—such as complying with privacy laws or implementing robust data minimization policies and procedures—...
- Gmail e-Discovery capabilities get a boost with Exterro's new integration
A couple years ago, Google did some retooling to Gmail. Some of those changes—like self-destructing emails and information right management (IRM)—created some new challenges for attorneys and others in involved in e-discovery...
- Exterro: How legal service providers can create stronger customer relationships
When I was a kid, every now and then my dad would pick me up at school and take me out to lunch. Sometimes it was a reward, but other times—the best times—it was just because. We lived in a small town and there were only a few...
- Exterro: In-house legal teams can still win during Covid-19
In early March, Exterro partnered with Blickstein Group and Corporate Counsel Business Journal (CCBJ) for our 4th Annual Study of Effective Legal Spend Management, which takes a closer look at the budgetary plans and hurdles that in-...
- Friday Funnies: Exterro's meme series - working from home edition vol. two
Without doubt, the post-COVID-19 world will be different in ways we can't be sure of right now...
- Exterro gives six practical tips on using data retention to minimise risk
Establishing an effective data retention policy is a key step in managing and protecting one of your organisation’s most valuable assets: its data.
But retention can be very complex and poses many challenges to...