- Court fees increase from Monday 9th March
The House of Lords has approved the government's increase in civil court fees, which means the increase will commence on Monday 9 March - much earlier than expected.
The Ministry of Justice has advised that:
From Monday 9...
- Comparing the costs- analysing the total cost of ownership of Clio vs. traditional desktop practice management solutions
- Cameron insurance summit: full steam ahead on Jackson and cutting PI fees
The outcome of yesterday’s high-profile Downing Street insurance summit appears to have put paid to any hopes among claimant lawyers that there is a compromise to be reached over the Jackson reforms.
Insurers at the summit –...
- Eversheds considers taking shares in clients as fees
Eversheds is considering taking shares in client companies in exchange for fees as growing numbers of law firms look at more innovative pricing options including fee rebates.
The top 10 UK firm is in the early stages of considering shares...
- Libel success fees cut by 90% from next month
Justice secretary Jack Straw has announced that the maximum success fee that can be charged on libel cases will be reduced from 100 per cent to 10 per cent as a proportion of damages from next month. The change will be made by statutory order....