- One year on from WannaCry: have lessons been learned?
A little over a year ago hundreds of thousands of computers around the world were hit by a mysterious malware outbreak. For many, it was their first experience of ransomware...
- Nasstar’s FD Listed in CEO Today Business Women of the Year Awards 2018
Nasstar is delighted to announce that its Financial Director, Niki Redwood has today been recognised as part of the CEO Today Business Women of the Year Awards 2018. The awards celebrate women who are the driving force behind their business,...
- Innovation in the legal sector, according to Nasstar
A recent report into innovation in the legal sector found that although many firms...
- Three tech topics that could affect your business today
Looking back over the last month, there are three major topics that jump out at me in the world of tech news and I have a sneaking suspicion they’ll dominate the remainder of 2018.
Firstly, there’s the digital workspace, a...
- Why a digital workplace strategy will revolutionise your workplace
Firstly, it’s important to know what a digital workspace is. Simply put, it’s the merging of smartphones and tablets with collaboration tools such as Office 365.
Tip: check out the rich set of...
- Cost-cutting and agile IT: What's it all about?
The term Agile IT isn’t just another meaningless buzzword, it’s a whole new way of working. Focused on streamlining and cost-cutting, Agile IT is changing the workplace as we know it.
Surveys and polls consistently show that...
- How to make change less challenging at your law firm
Change is never easy.
When everything you accept as ‘the way we do things’ is suddenly ripped up and replaced with new procedures, when you and the people you work with take up new roles and your group is broken up, when even...
- Is Norman, the 'psychopath AI' one step too far?
The week’s news has once again been dominated by AI. But there’s a good reason behind that due to some very interesting developments in that sector.
The first and perhaps most worrying thing to come out of the world of AI this...
- Cloud in the legal sector
There is now a general acceptance across the sector around cloud technologies as more and more firms get ‘comfortable with cloud’.
And, as cloud offerings mature, and the legal sector becomes increasingly comfortable with...
- Technology in the legal sector
In PWC’s 2017 Annual Law Firms survey, firms said that one of their top two priorities across business support functions was improving the use of technology. And, the focus for improving IT functions within their firms centred around...
- Nasstar listed in 1,000 companies to inspire Britain
Nasstar is delighted to announce that for the third year running it has been identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. Now in its fifth edition, the report is a celebration of the UK’s...
- Artificial Intelligence, cyber security and the digital workplace
It’s been an interesting week in the world of Artificial Intelligence and cyber security. Firstly, a bit of shameless self-promotion as last week Nasstar released its annual results to the City. The news is good, the market is...
- Security vs usability in smartphones, according to Nasstar
Take a look at any newly released smartphone and you’ll probably see a plethora of features all there to make it easy for you to access as much of your information as possible on the go. Touch ID, facial biometric technology, iris scanning...
- Known software vulnerabilities: your biggest IT security and business risk?
If the notorious Equifax breach of 2017 taught businesses anything, it’s what can happen if you fail to patch known vulnerabilities promptly. In fact, it’s no...
- Nasstar – flexibility versus security
I was talking to my main contact at Nasstar earlier this month and she happened to mention that her colleagues in the sales team had picked up on a common theme when talking to customers and prospects: how to get the correct balance between a...