- CB Resourcing video: legal information skills
Video length: 2mins 8secs.
CB Resourcing conducted a survey of leadership within the legal information industry across the UK covering skill requirements as well as future skill needs.
See the executive summary and...
- Hat Trick Productions legal and human resources departments move to iManage Cloud
News Article - 03/08/2018 : AI, artificial intelligence, cloud based DMS, Content management systems, document management systems, email management, iManage Extract, practice management, risk & compliance, security policy manager, Human Resources, Technology
Hat Trick Productions – one of UK’s most successful independent television production companies – has implemented iManage Cloud within its legal and human resources departments, giving them a new way to access iManage...
- The top three reasons law firms outsource their admin functions to Intelligent Office UK
The Pareto Principle (also known as the 80/20 rule) states that 20% of what you do will generate 80% of your results. Therefore, a law firm should inevitably focus greater attention on the 20% of activities that generate revenue....
- What is mindfulness and could it really help your law firm?
Employers have a duty of care to their employees, and many are exploring different ways to try to ensure that work is not an unbearable source of debilitating anxiety, stress and depression. Some employers have been...
- Common questions we’re asked about our services by Intelligent Office UK
Law firms are becoming increasingly aware that they need to look for ways of improving efficiency in all areas of their organisation, including their administrative support functions.
A recent report on the trends and...
- Are your law firm's offices too hot?
Summertime – and the living can be less than easy if you have to work in a hot office. And with 80 per cent of UK office workers thought to complain about the temperature in their workplace, it’s hardly a trivial matter, with...
- Leading figures pledge to improve wellbeing at work
Only 13% of business leaders have an effective “wellbeing” strategy in their workplace, despite growing concerns that stress-related conditions are causing misery for many workers, a business event was told.
Around 75% of...
- Women in legal business series: Part one – Every day sexism, and are we our own worst enemy?
We have spent the last few months meeting with a number of senior women in law firms to discuss what challenges they feel that they face as women, exploring areas such as discrimination, gender pay gap, and returning to work after maternity leave...
- How do I … create a great office culture without relying on gimmicks?
As the hunt for talent becomes ever tougher, many employers are searching for increasingly unusual ways to stand out from the crowd. But what is the secret to attracting and retaining staff and is it possible to create a great office culture...
- Legal finance systems hiring market analysis: 2018 report by Balance Recruitment
Our ‘Legal Finance Systems Hiring Market Analysis’ returns for 2018, providing up to date analysis on the levels of supply & demand and reviewing the common challenges of hiring within this niche field.
As the leading...
- A booming locum market: the time to employ locum lawyers
As a legal recruiter, we are seeing a wealth of locum talent taking up short-term assignments at law firms who are in need of temporary fee earners during this summer holiday season. For employers, the benefits of employing quality locum lawyers...
- The Hearing, episode seven – A legal podcast featuring Tory MP Ken Clarke
In this episode, Tory MP Ken Clarke reveals why he has occasionally dressed up in women’s underwear. The former Lord Chancellor and current Father of the House of Commons also tells Kevin what he thinks of his new-found fans – drawn...
- The Hearing, episode six – A legal podcast from Thomson Reuters featuring Yasmin Sheikh
In this episode, Kevin is joined by Yasmin Sheikh. Yasmin is the founder of Diverse Matters, vice-chair of the Law Society’s Lawyers with Disabilities Division, consultant, coach, actress, comedian and TEDx speaker.
- Quill invests in future cashiering talent with re-launched trainee scheme
The UK’s largest outsourced legal cashiering bureau, Quill, is re-launching its trainee scheme designed to breed the next generation of cashiers for its growing Pinpoint team. Quill’s purpose-built, unique-in-the-industry trainee...
- Moving up the pay scale: How to secure the pay rise you deserve
When looking for a new role, one of the top two reasons for leaving is financially motivated, which is understandable given the high cost of living and the long hours often required in the legal sector.
Added to which, the last few years...