- Slater & Gordon eyes further UK expansion after half-year results show income on target
Slater & Gordon is set to grow its UK business after it announced its first half-year results since the takeover of Russell Jones & Walker (RJW).
The listed Australian firm – now an alternative business structure (ABS) in...
- Norton Rose chief gears up for post-merger expansion in New York and LatAm
Norton Rose chief executive Peter Martyr is gearing up to expand in locations including New York and Latin America as the firm prepares to go live with its $2bn (£1.26bn) merger with Houston's Fulbright & Jaworski in June 2013....
- DLA Piper and O’Melveny eye Seoul openings before year-end
DLA Piper and O'Melveny & Myers have set out plans to open in Seoul before the end of the year as the pair await approval from the Korean Ministry of Justice, which opened the market up to foreign law firms earlier this year.
- Simmons confirms Singapore launch as it targets Asia for 20% of revenues
Simmons & Simmons is targeting Asia for around a fifth of its global revenues as it pushes ahead with plans to launch an office in Singapore.
The City firm wants to see 20% of its revenues coming from Asia within the next three...
- Herbert Smith Freehills to enter Africa with Guinea launch next year
Herbert Smith Freehills is expanding into Africa with the launch of a new office in Guinea.
The launch of the base, which will open in early 2013, comes after Herbert Smith and Australia's Freehills completed their merger on 1...
- Freshfields eyes Australia launch as rush Down Under continues
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is weighing up plans to open in Australia as international law firms' interest in the region continues to grow.
The magic circle firm has spoken to several Australian partners in recent months about potential...
- Clifford Chance doubles size of low-cost India base
Clifford Chance has doubled the size of its India Knowledge Centre over the past two years, with the base now home to 60 consultants.
Two years ago the firm, which sends work to the centre in a bid to lower costs across its global business...
- Cobbetts secures Saudi alliance deal
Cobbetts has secured a strategic alliance with a Saudi Arabian law firm as it looks to boost its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Jeddah-based Dr Nidal Atta and his eponymous law firm will work with Cobbetts to...
- DLA, Olswang, Stephenson Harwood among bidders for new Singapore law licences
DLA Piper, Olswang and Stephenson Harwood are among a raft of firms to have bid for licences to practise local law in Singapore, with the deadline for applications passing last week (31 August).
The trio have applied for Qualifying Foreign...
- Magnusson moves into Norway through Kluge association
Swedish firm Magnusson has expanded into Norway by entering into an exclusive association with local firm Kluge.
The move follows Magnusson’s launch in Estonia in March (28 March 2012) and its expansion within Sweden in January (9...