- Bristol Law Society
Founded in 1770, we are the country’s longest established law society
Our mission is to support and represent the interests of the Bristol and Bath legal profession both regionally and nationally
- Eclipse's Proclaim Case Management Software solution selected by Network Homes
Eclipse Legal Systems is implementing...
- Eclipse announces innovative integration with the Land Registry Electronic Document Service
Eclipse Legal Systems, the sole Law Society Endorsed legal software provider, has announced its...
- See how the Proclaim legal software system is used to grow legal businesses
Featured in this video:
Melanie Potts, Curtis Law
Ross Carr, Bakers Solicitors
Dan Bell, Chadwick Lawrence
Andrew Cummings, Pudsey Legal
Proclaim is the only case and practice management software solution...
- One in five law firms targeted by scammers in past year, Law Society research reveals
More than one in five law firms (22%) have been targeted by scammers in the past year, research for the Law Society has revealed. Money was successfully stolen from client account in 8% of these cases.
The figures on scams were included in...
- ETSOS are urging conveyancing practitioners to use planning reports more widely in their standard search enquiries
ETSOS are urging conveyancing practitioners to use planning reports more widely in their standard search enquiries in a move to support the industry deal with the implications of the “Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading regulations...
- Government approves end of SRA regulation for insolvency practitioners
The government has agreed that insolvency practitioners should no longer be regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
The SRA changed its rules on 1 November 2015 and has not charged solicitors the additional fee for...
- Solicitors call for Online Court to have lower £10,000 limit
The London Litigation Solicitors Association (LSLA) and the Law Society are pushing for a lower £10,000 limit for cases in the proposed Online Court (OC).
Lord Justice Briggs set out ...
- Moneypenny reports calls to legal sector are up 14.2%
CALLS to the legal sector rose by 14.2% last month, according to Moneypenny.
In a study of its call volume, the UK’s leading telephone answering specialist reported a 14.2% rise when the average number of calls in January were...
- Traditional law firm model to decline by 2020, Law Society report finds
Changing client behaviours, innovative technology, political decisions, and greater competition is likely to impact the profitability of the solicitor profession in the near future, according to a new report.
The Law Society's report...
- HR agony aunt: On mentors, temperamental lawyers and recruiting well
This blog post was also featured as a Q&A in the October 2015 issue of Legal Practice Management magazine...
- Demise of Veyo is good news for the industry say Redbrick Solutions
The recent announcement from the Law Society that it was winding up the much hyped Veyo 'e-conveyancing platform' was widely lambasted by the conveyancing profession after they had invested a reported £11m into the failed solution...
- Is Veyo another 2015 rugby-related casualty?
ARTICLE BY NIGEL WILLIAMS, PRODUCT MANAGER AT LEXIS NEXIS
The recently reported demise of The Law Society sponsored Veyo conveyancing portal raises the question: what makes a successful software product? As an avid...
- Eclipse’s Proclaim case management solution implemented at personal injury expert, Brooklands Solicitors
Brooklands Solicitors, a law firm specialising in Personal Injury, has chosen to implement...
- Moneypenny helps to celebrate brilliance at the 2015 Law Society Excellence Awards
Telephone answering specialist Moneypenny joined forces with the Law Society to celebrate the best examples of innovation and good practice across the legal profession at a glittering event in London’s Hilton Hotel on Park Lane.