- Legal apprenticeships
Are you interested in a career in law? A paralegal? Legal executive? Solicitor? Did you know that you can work your way into law without having to go to university, which let’s face it, isn’t for everyone! Law graduates often face the...
- How to use LinkedIn to find your dream job
As recruiters, we are driven by helping...
- Law Staff Legal Recruitment – Moving recruitment forward: Bitesize video advertising
When advertising a new vacancy, we endeavour to deliver a message which incorporates the unique features of the particular job. By highlighting the areas which are most relevant to your skills and experience, we aim to present the...
- A booming locum market: the time to employ locum lawyers
As a legal recruiter, we are seeing a wealth of locum talent taking up short-term assignments at law firms who are in need of temporary fee earners during this summer holiday season. For employers, the benefits of employing quality locum lawyers...
- The benefits of working as a locum lawyer
As the holidays are fast approaching, we are seeing a rise in demand for locum lawyers at a range of firms up and down the country, from niche boutique practices to regional heavyweights ranked in the Legal 500. Due to this spike in locum...
- The benefits of relocating according to Law Staff Legal Recruitment
To enhance your career prospects when considering your next legal job move, it is a good plan to stay open to the benefits of relocating when carrying out a job search. Moving location to secure a new job can be a daunting prospect, but...
- Celebrating the upcoming centenary of women’s inclusion in legal
The 100th anniversary of women achieving the vote is marked in 2018 and next year it will also be the centenary of the Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919, which paved the way for women to become lawyers. Today, it is recognised that the...
- Law Staff interview do's and don'ts
In some ways, the interview process for the legal sector is similar to any other.
However, legal interviews have their own unique preferences and expectations that you should be made aware of!
See the attached PDF for the...
- How to secure your ideal job using a recruiter, asks Law Staff
Simon Shorter, Senior Recruitment Consultant, discusses the advantages Law Staff offers candidates seeking a new position in the legal sector.
Successful recruitment relies heavily on having a voice in the market...
- CVAC Guide – Personal statement
A personal statement adds impact to your CV. Use it to enlarge on your strengths, motivations and relevant experience.
Many struggle with writing a personal statement and this CVAC guide offer advice on how to write a personal statement...
- CVAC guide - Agency interview
If you are looking for a new job, your strategy should include registering with recruitment agencies. A good recruiter will make your job search much easier and is an important element in your search for a new job.The guide gives advice...
- CVAC guide – Job searching
Recruitment is a major cost for most organisations, taking into account agency and social media fees, staffing, advertising and other overheads. Sourcing candidates with the relevant experience, skill set and culture fit can be a struggle for HR...
- Law Staff explains why you should accept interviews even after a job offer
“I don’t want to waste anyone’s time” as a recruiter this is one of the most frustrating lines that I hear coming from any prospective candidate – especially when cancelling an already scheduled interview on the...
- Leighton Taylor: An overview of the current professional services market
Having moved into the second quarter of 2017, we thought it would be useful to provide a brief overview of how we see the current market from a candidate perspective.
- Despite a small dip in activity (immediately after the Brexit vote)...
- LR Legal Recruitment explore the benefits of working at a law firm in Kent
From beautiful countryside and coast, to traditional English villages and bustling towns, there’s a setting for every lifestyle.
Average residential property prices are approximately 70% cheaper than London (or 15% lower against the...