- Baskerville Drummond: Presenting a business case for increased IT spend
My previous article “Law Firm IT Spend – Getting it Right”, gave an overview of achieving the right level of IT spend by considering typical...
- Baskerville Drummond Consulting: One size fits all vs niche offerings
Most full-service law firms face the major challenge of having to reconcile the differing IT system requirements of their various practice areas with the limited resources – both IT and financial – available to the firm.
- Baskerville Drummond: Beware of what’s in the barrel
David Baskerville, Baskerville Drummond Consulting LTD
I was recently invited to speak at The Law Society’s Law Management Section conference. My topic was “Getting value from IT investments”.
- Law firm business and IT leaders forum: The first in Baskerville Drummond's series
The first meeting, hosted by our friends Protiviti at their London office in the Shard, on Tuesday 23rd October 2018 (9:30am–4:30pm), will focus on Practice Management Systems with the following keynote sessions:...
- New networking series: Baskerville Drummond's Law Firm Business and IT Leaders forum
Baskerville Drummond Consulting is launching a new networking forum.
The idea is that we bring some of our clients and other similar sized firms together a few times a year (to be decided at the first meeting) to provide our network...
- Five essentials to position your legal information service for the future
Times are changing, and small legal research/library teams are increasingly being asked to do more with less. But, as a leader, how do you manage this challenge?
These challenges are not unique to the legal sector. One of the key areas...
- Baskerville Drummond: Busting the buzzwords – Part three
O! it is pleasant with a heart at ease,
Just after sunset, or by moonlight skies,
To make the shifting clouds be what you please (…with thanks to Samuel Taylor Coleridge)
As we sweltered and gasped through one of the...
- Customer service orientation is the most important consideration for HR managers in legal information
Recently CB Resourcing surveyed hiring managers across the UK legal information sector. The survey was presented on a panel at the 2018 BIALL conference with key figures from across the industry.
Of particular interest for job seekers...
- Coding skills in research
Increasingly, we’re the seeing the emergence of new types of job requests come across our desk.
Candidates with coding skills in languages such as Python with strong stakeholder management, deep industry knowledge as well as robust...
- The value of unstructured data
What is Unstructured Data?
Unstructured is defined as “not formally organised in a set or conventional pattern”.
At home, most of us save documents to either our Documents folder on the PC or to cloud storage products...
- CB Resourcing video: legal information skills
Video length: 2mins 8secs.
CB Resourcing conducted a survey of leadership within the legal information industry across the UK covering skill requirements as well as future skill needs.
See the executive summary and...
- Baskerville Drummond talks about phone system obsolescence
If you are still using an in-house telephone system based on older technologies, then you need to be aware that BT will be making it obsolete over the next few years. However, the need to upgrade is an opportunity to rethink your entire...
- Busting the buzzwords: IaaS – Ascending into the cloud
As we trot, canter and then hopefully gallop through all the “cloud” buzzwords, we will try to provide some context for their logical progression, and then the why’s and how’s of their evolution (yes, Darwin’s law...
- Legal information in Northern Ireland
Whilst we at CB Resourcing are always busy with legal information jobs in London, we have also been very busy over the past few years helping law firms with ‘North shoring’ their jobs to the major hubs in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds...
- Busting buzzwords: a somewhat irreverent take on tech geek-speak
Every couple of years and applying Moore’s Law, with increasing frequency one of the giants of the tech industry (or their marketing teams) come up with a sexy sounding buzzword or acronym. Very quickly, the latest buzzword will then burn a...