- Paragon: Prime position
The analysis is still incomplete but the overall impression resonating from the London insurance market is that the majority of insurers achieved some level of rate increase on their portfolios post-October. Somewhat paradoxically, the excess...
- A firm’s renewal from an underwriter’s perspective
When renewing your Professional Indemnity insurance (PI) it is important to understand what influences an underwriters’ approach when pricing a risk. Having a greater understanding of the process of underwriting can help your practice...
- A changing market: Professional Indemnity Insurance amid economic uncertainty
Professional Indemnity insurance remains one of the three largest overheads for any law firm, along with staff and building costs. Throughout 2018, the Professional Indemnity insurance market has continued to see change ripple under the surface,...
- A practice manager's approach to their firm's professional indemnity insurance
Issues in the market
The openness and prevailing Minimum Terms and Conditions of the SRA wording have continued to see law firms exposed to a potentially high level of claims. It is therefore crucial that law firms,...
- What to do when faced with a file request from a disgruntled former client
What do you do when faced with a file request from a disgruntled former client? For many solicitors and their insurers, this triggers alarm bells.Despite popular client belief, they are not simply...
- Paragon: Gone phishing?
On the 2nd May Travelers Cos. argued before the U.S. Appeals Court that cash payments made in connection with phishing attacks aren’t covered under a general crime policy. These claims arise in circumstances where increasingly...
- Exit and succession planning in law firms
Exit and Succession Planning
Eric Fletcher, from Regulatory and Compliance Experts, will speak on the importance and stages in exit and succession planning in law firms. This is a free breakfast and learn which will...
- Exit and succession planning by Paragon
LawSelect is more than just an exclusive, ‘A’ rated insurer product, providing integrated insurance solutions and risk management tailored to law firms – it offers your firm access to a number of specialist partners providing...
- Paragon: the A-rated team
This article was originally featured as an industry column in the April 2018 issue of LPM. To read the issue in full, ...
- Cover to cover - Janice Ward, practice director at Larcomes
Janice Ward, practice director at Larcomes, reflects on how her firm’s decision to hand its professional indemnity insurance search to Paragon gives it long-term security and stability.
Wouldn’t it be an ideal...
- The Strategic Partner: A review to thrill
- Paragon gives advice on where to start when complying with the new money laundering regulations
The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 have been in force since 26th June. While the SRA have said that they are taking a proportionate and pragmatic approach as firms take steps to comply with the new requirements, there is no indication of what...
- Paragon: The pitfalls of giving advice for nothing
Tempted to give some “off the cuff” advice to help a friend out? The recent Court of Appeal decision in Lejonvarn v Burgess may cause you to think twice about giving something for nothing. An unpaid favour may be a professional...
- Paragon: Solicitors' failure to warn clients of hidden time bombs leads to wave of of professional negligence claims
Conveyancing solicitors and their indemnity insurers are facing an influx of professional negligence claims for failing to advise clients and mortgage lenders of soaring ground rent clauses on leasehold properties.
With several large...
- Paragon: Landmark fraud case send shockwaves through the conveyancing world
The conveyancing world has been left shaken by a recent High Court decision ordering city firm Mishcon de Reya to pay more than £1 million after its client Dreamvar (UK) was deceived into making a payment for the purchase of a property to a...