- Law firms need robust and coherent business information to make strategic decisions with confidence
This resource was also featured as a Briefing Industry Analysis in the March 2015 issue of Briefing...
- The fall and rise of conveyancing
Redbrick Solutions have produced this infographic to show a year on year comparison in conveyancing...
- Post-recession recovery falters as growth dwindles across UK top 100
The UK's top 100 law firms saw revenue growth in 2012-13 fall to less than half of that seen last year, with fee income across the group climbing by just 2.6%, as confirmation of the first formal financial results begins to trickle out from...
- Law firms in a recession
Compared to the domestic economies of our EU neighbours, the UK economy has been disproportionately reliant upon housing and construction and this, coupled with the wider issues affecting the world economy, has resulted in a powerful...
- Wage freezes end but pay restraint 'still the norm'
Pay and recruitment freezes have thawed as employers prepare for growth with targeted recruitment, CBI research has revealed.
But the business group's survey,...
- Generation Y distrusts bosses, finds study
Nearly a third of generation Y workers do not trust their employer, a study by recruitment consultants Badenoch and Clark has found.
In the survey of 1,002 office-based professionals aged 16 to 24, almost a third (32.2 per cent) said they...
- UK engine of recovery running out of oil
Accountants have warned that the worst effects of the recession have yet to hit SMEs, jeopardizing the UK's economic recovery.
The annual Credit Check survey, from Venture Finance and Accountancy Magazine, indicates that almost two thirds...
- Company directors should still tread cautiously until the UK economy stabilises
The Insolvency Service recently released the insolvency statistics for the second quarter of 2010. In England and Wales compulsory and creditors' voluntary liquidations, receiverships and administrations all decreased on the same period a year...
- Britain at 'significant' risk of renewed recession
Britain faces a "significant" risk of a renewed slide into recession, a leading policymaker at the Bank of England warned on Monday.
It would be "foolish" to rule out the possibility of a double-dip downturn, even if it was not the Bank's...
- Recession boosts employee loyalty, survey shows
More than a quarter of employees feel more loyal to their employer as a result of the economic downturn, new research has found.
The latest Kelly Global Workforce Index revealed the recession had fostered a sense of engagement between...
- How recession has changed the relationship between banks and law firms
The subject of how law firms have weathered the recession has already been well-documented. Many firms have been forced to restructure through redundancy programmes, diversion of resources away from the worst-hit practice areas and deferment of...
- Taxing thoughts: 10 budget predictions from Grant Thornton
"This pre-election Budget will focus entirely on what the Chancellor did to maintain market stability during the recent economic crisis. It is unlikely that he will set out further bold tax rises as every vote will count in the run up to the...
- Barker Gotelee to overhaul IT with SOS Connect replacement for AIM
SOS Connect from Solicitors Own Software has been selected by Barker Gotelee Solicitors to help the firm capitalise on business growth coming out of the recession and improve business processes throughout all areas of the firm with a complete...
- Employers happy with younger workers but skills gap persists
Most employers are happy with the calibre of young people they recruit, although one in five say their existing workforce lacks skills, according to a survey of nearly 80,000 employers.
- Top corporate practices fend off worst effects of slump
For the UK's top corporate practices 2009-10 was very much a case of plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, with dealflow still in decline and competition for the work that remains as tough as ever.
Revenues for the top 20 corporate...