- Balance Recruitment report: Legal accounts quarterly market update 2018
The summer months continued to be a busy period for hiring across the legal accounts niche, with demand for both permanent and interim requirements across a broad spread of seniority levels.
We’re seeing a steady flow...
- Professional services finance market trends and salaries
Professional services finance survey findings
In December 2015 we surveyed finance and accounting professionals specialising in:
- Legal finance
- Practice finance
- Restructuring and...
- Unconscious gender bias plays big part in finance sector
The experiences of men and women working in finance vary drastically in terms of pay, progression and prejudice, according to new research released today by AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians).
Findings include that men are twice...
- Taylor Wessing’s top earner figure surpasses £1m mark
Taylor Wessing’s highest paid member earned £1.1m in 2014/15, a rise of 15% from £958,000 the previous...
- Pay in UK cities fell £1,300 in four years to 2014 despite jobs growth, says report
Almost a million new jobs were created in UK cities between 2010 and 2014, however, pay for city dwellers dropped by 5 per cent in the same period meaning wages fell by £1,300 on average for each urban worker.
The finding were...
- Salary hike will entice ‘highly-skilled’ lawyers to the UK, says Law Society
The Law Society has welcomed proposals to increase the salary of lawyers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) wishing to work in the UK.
In its ...
- Legal accounts - salary survey 2015 - London
Our Legal Accounts division holds a combined 30+ years’ experience of recruiting and working within this unique, specialist field and we...
- Expense Reduction Analysts' Jan-Feb legal services bulletin
Three New Year legal sector surveys caught my eye, each of which emphasises the need for firms to adopt, or continue with a focus on cost reduction and process improvement during 2013.
Firstly, the publication of the The Law...
- Bird & Bird accounts show €1m top pay figure as firm cuts net debt by 12%
Bird & Bird's highest-paid member for 2011-12 earned €1m (£812,000), up 15% on the previous year's top figure of €868,000 (£705,000), the firm's limited liability partnership (LLP) accounts have revealed.
The firm, which uses...
- SRA scraps minimum salary for trainees
The minimum salary for trainee solicitors will be scrapped on 1 August 2014, the board of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) decided yesterday, saying it is not the job of a regulator to control wages.
Firms will be required...
- Freshfields NQs to make at least £65k as new merit pay system kicks in
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has confirmed associate salaries under its new merit-based pay scheme, with newly-qualified (NQ) lawyers set to make at least £65,000 - £3,500 more than those at rival magic circle firms.
The firm has...
- North-West lawyers top in-house salary rankings
Young in-house lawyers based in the North West are earning thousands of pounds more than their peers in other regions.
New figures show that the average salaries for solicitors with only one to five years’ post-qualification...
- Balance Recruitment and ILFM conducting salary survey - they need your input!
Balance Recruitment, together with the ILFM are conducting a comprehensive salary survey for accounts staff working within Law Firms across the UK and need your input to gather accurate data!
As an added incentive for...
- SRA: trainees could be paid £2.60 an hour in first year if minimum salary is scrapped
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is to consider retaining the minimum salary for trainee solicitors at the level of the national minimum wage after discovering that without it trainees would be classed as apprentices and so could be paid...
- CBI welcomes moderate rise in minimum wage, seen as good for businesses
Freezing the minimum wage will help reduce one of the barriers to employers deciding whether or not to take on a young person.
The CBI commented on the announcement of changes to the National Minimum Wage rates from October 2012,...