- Making Tax Digital is forcing firms to review their outdated legal IT systems says Insight Legal
The first year of Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT, known as the soft landing period, ends this April. During these first 12 months, VAT-registered firms used to keying in their quarterly return have been required to install suitable software...
- Law firms still running Windows 7 software are at risk of cyber-attacks after 14 January 2020
One of the weaknesses of the partnership model as a business structure is that it is less open to public scrutiny than businesses with external investors. Law firms may employ experts in the areas of IT, finance, marketing and HR but they don...
- Insight legal: Protecting data in the cloud - a guide for law firms
Data is a vital asset to every modern legal practice. It is the backbone of both case and business continuity and without it, almost any firm today would cease to operate. As data sets grow continuously, law firms are becoming ever more reliant...
- 'Hiring from within’ is the key to successful legal IT, says Insight Legal
The legal industry is utilising more technology than ever before. Law firms understand that in order to be considered as a leader in their respective fields, incorporating both legal IT and the knowledge to power it is now essential.
- The new SRA accounts rules - a practice’s checklist for compliant software by Insight Legal
In the wake of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Making Tax Digital, law firms are now facing yet another wave of regulatory change. The Legal Services Board has approved changes proposed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (...
- Law Firms measuring their success by their ability to embrace change
An inherent resistance
For any business operating today, change is inevitable. The legal sector is no exception and firms must embrace change to maintain growth, success and their competitive edge. While it is natural to...
- Insight Legal wins prestigious ILFM Solicitors' Software Users Award for fourth year
9th August 2019 - UK: Independent software company, Insight Legal Software today announces it has been named the winner of The Institute of Legal Finance & Management (ILFM) Solicitors' Software Users Award for the fourth consecutive year...
- Managing internal and external procedures to drive legal practice success
The role of legal practitioners is becoming ever more complex. In the last 18 months alone, we have seen new protocols such as the European Parliament’s GDPR regulation and HMRC’s Making Tax Digital initiative shake up processes...
- Is your legal IT system at risk of cybersecurity breaches?
According to the Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2019, published in April...
- Insight Legal launches Enterprise module to enhance task management for law firms
Independent software company Insight Legal Software today announces the launch of its Enterprise module, to provide law firms with the increased functionality required to enhance task management and improve operational efficiency.
- Why the next generation of legal software still needs a human touch
The legal sector is rapidly evolving and many time-poor companies and solicitors are now tasked with finding new ways to manage workloads and their ever-growing pools of data. This has led to many businesses shifting previously manual practice...
- Parkview Solicitors enhances case management and drives productivity with Insight Legal software
Parkview Solicitors is the employer to an expanding team split across its two sites in the North of England. The practice needed a user-friendly and centralised system designed to improve file organisation for its 16 members of staff and help...
- Is your legal data being held to ransom?
In most industries, the process of transferring software suppliers will involve some degree of migrating data from your current system to a new system. Today’s legal sector is no different, and you would expect your new supplier to charge...
- Manage your legal practice for success
Understand the challenges
Juggling the many aspects of managing a law firm can undoubtedly be a challenge! The term Practice Management covers areas as varied as finance, human resources, facilities management, IT,...
- Insight Legal continues expansion with Office Moves and appointment of CEO
Software company invests in its team and office to drive growth and deliver enhanced customer support
Independent software company, Insight Legal Software today announces its continued...