LPM May 2018: Got talent?
Feature: LPM's HR agony aunt, Polly Jeanneret, explores some fresh ideas for finding and keeping the best people in your business.
Brain training: Nick Lakhani, finance director at asb law, discusses killing the billable hour and finding NewLaw ways of working.
The LPM columnists:
- Steven Treharne at Mogers Drewett explores cars, Big Macs and finding new opportunities
- Joanna Kingston-Davies at Jackson Lees discusses the importance of knowing the mental health of your staff
- Claire Smith at Moneypenny on how to make a good impression and improve customer service
- Graham Moore at Katchr on what firms can learn from common BI mistakes
- Darren Gower at Eclipse talks about how firms can get clients to do work for themselves
- Natasha Rawley at ADDS talks through one firm's changes ahead of GDPR
- David Green at The Strategic Partner gives some tips on business continuity
- Martin Palmer at Pulsant talks about productivity gains from using the cloud.
LPM asks: Helen Pittard, head of dipute resolution and director of business development and marketing at 174 Law, on how she created the firm's case management system.
Book review: Jason Rahman, practice manager at Sykes Anderson Perry, reads Profitability and Law Firm Management.