- Nasstar explain why professional services firms are moving to the cloud
Resource - 27/07/2017 : cloud services, cloud technology, GDPR, General data protection regulation, hosted desktop, legal it, legal technology, Managed hosted IT services, Risk & Compliance, Technology, Practice Management
The cloud debate is over for SMBs. There’s no longer a discussion about whether or not to move to the cloud, because most businesses have already done it. In the professional services sectors, such as the Legal or Recruitment industries...
- LPM London calling by Natasha Rawley, Archive Document Data Storage
Blog post - 24/07/2017 : ADDS, Archive Document Data Storage, cybersecurity, GDPR, Legal Practice Management, LPM conference, LPM magazine, Natasha Rawley, operational costs, SME law firms, Risk & Compliance, Technology, Practice Management
This article was originally featured as a column in the July issue of LPM. To read the issue in full, ...
- PwC comments on the latest government report on what Brexit means for how the EU's data protection package will work in the UK
Following the recent release of the House of Lords EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee's Brexit: the EU data protection package report PwC made the...
- Briefing July 2017: Seize the play
Resource - 30/06/2017 : agile working, apprentices, Bond Dickinson, Brodies, change, chief operating officer, cloud, enterprise alignment, freshfields bruckhaus deringer, GDPR, imanage, information security, innovation, kpmg, neuroscience, onboarding HR, pwc, ransomware, risk, tlt, transformation, WannaCry, Finance, Human Resources, Risk & Compliance, Technology
Seize the play
Carol Sawdye, global chief operating officer of the PwC international network, says firms may need reminding that some project and people challenges are worth the...
- PwC has released a comment on the Queen's Speech data protection announcement
Following the mention of the Data Protection Bill in the Queen's Speech today, please find thoughts below from PwC's global data protection legal services leader, Stewart Room:
"The Queen's Speech has removed any doubt...
- Sprout IT is attending a GDPR event at the LPMA
LPMA lunchtime briefing: making chambers GDPR compliantThe General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is intended to strengthen data protection within the EU. The GDPR will apply in the UK from...
- Sprout IT: Five things all financial director's should know about GDPR
1. Subject Access Requests – You will no longer be able to charge people for dealing with their requests and on top of that to put even more pressure on resources allocated to the task which can often be time consuming, the 40 day deadline...
- PwC: The number of fines for UK data privacy issues doubles and totals £3.2m
- The UK was one of the most active regions for regulatory enforcement action in Europe last year, along with Italy (€3.3m)- Enforcement notices rose by 155%Breaches of UK data...
- GDPR and the legal sector: Separating fact from fiction by Nasstar
At the moment, everywhere I turn I am met with yet another article scaremongering about the latest General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I've heard stories of fines for non-compliance of anything between 4% and 10% of global...
- PwC report: Technology’s role in data protection – the missing link in GDPR transformation
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) delivers a fundamental change in how data controllers and data processors handle personal data. Instead of an ‘add-on’ or afterthought within business...
- Sprout IT is attending an infosecurity event
Infosecurity Europe 2017 – 6th to 8th June, Olympia, LondonInfosecurity Europe is the region’s number one information security event featuring Europe’s largest and most...
- How to forget your clients by Natasha Rawley, Archive Document Data Storage
This article was also featured as a column in the February 2016 issue of LPM. To read the issue in full, ...
- Industry interview with Mitie: Make the connection
This article was also featured as an industry interview in the February 2016 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, ...
- Learning lessons from virtual businesses – LPM magazine, February 2017 – Virtual possibility
Resource - 09/02/2017 : business strategy, cash collection, GDPR, General, General data protection regulation, law firm financing, law firm practice management, legal finance, Legal Practice Management magazine, LPM magazine, remote work, SME law firms, virtual law firm, Finance, Human Resources, Knowledge Management, Marketing & BD, Risk & Compliance, Technology, Practice Management...
- Industry interview with iManage: Resetting storage
Resource - 02/02/2017 : briefing, cloud based DMS, Content management systems, data storage, document management systems, email management, GDPR, imanage, work product management, Knowledge Management, Technology
This article was also featured as an industry interview in the March 2016 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, download...