- CFO confidence levels plummet on Brexit news
CFOs are experiencing record levels of uncertainty and a decreased appetite for risk following the shock announcement of Brexit, research from Deloitte has revealed.
According to the Big 4 firm’s latest CFO survey, 95 per cent of...
- CFO as transformation architect: Unclocking potential across your enterprise
With digital transformation a key challenge for any major enterprise, finance leaders now believe that better integration and connectivity across their organisation is not only possible, it's imperative. Making rich data more accessible to...
- Adopting a system of engagement for Finance
In the offices of CFOs, particularly at large publicly listed companies,...
- Attracting talent: supporting new recruits
Supporting new recruits to allow them to embed themselves in their company values and ethos is also a crucial aspect of talent management and retention.
Sheridan explains why: “It is essential for all business owners to pay attention...
- 'CFOs are well placed to be CEOs of the future'
We have always known that CFOs have one of the most difficult balancing acts of all C-suite figures: they are asked to be detail-oriented experts while, at the same time, they are expected to generate a strategic vision at the highest level for a...
- The Briefing Interview: Peter Hickman, chief finance and operations officer, Linklaters
This article was first published in: the finance issue of Briefing magazine, Feb 2014.
- Throwing out the spreadsheet and ERP System
The CFO has been forced away from advising on the company’s financials in the boardroom to playing the formula-spinning ‘data jockey’
It is widely acknowledged that business management tools like ERP systems and even...
- ADERANT Appoints Carolyn Zelnio Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
ADERANT, a global provider of business, financial, and information management software for professional services organizations, today announced the appointment of Carolyn Zelnio as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Zelnio will be...
- CFOs stay cautious, reluctant to hire
Confidence rising amongst finance directors, but hiring intentions remain slow.
The UK's chief finance officers (CFOs) are becoming more optimistic about the prospects for both the British economy and their own companies according to the...
- Priorities change for Finance Directors
Senior financial roles may have irreversibly changed as a result of the recession, new research commissioned by business intelligence expert D&B has shown.
The Cashflow Confidence study, which quizzed 100 financial decision-makers...
- Can you afford not to invest in Best Practice?
Imagine the IT department in question is a rat's nest where inefficiencies in process, procedure and staffing are rife.
Times are tough, purse strings are tight, so CFOs play it safe when it comes to their IT spend. A cautious...