- Exponential-e raises the bar for legal sector through partnership with Phoenix Business Solutions
British cloud and network provider, Exponential-e, has expanded its presence in the legal sector by partnering with the market leader in document management and core legal application...
- Burns & Levinson discusses the value of a true SaaS solution for the DMS
On-premises systems or hosted on-premises systems are very different when compared to a native cloud/SaaS deployment that leverages periodic updates, and a one-to-many technology and security infrastructure. Whether it's the customer service...
- Legal artificial intelligence: replacing or helping lawyers
When it comes to predictions about artificial intelligence and legal services, much of the press coverage seems to be dedicated to a more Terminator-style villain than friendly robot helper. Predictions include the total replacement of junior...
- iManage launches information governance and records management center of excellence
iManage today announced the opening of an R&D and support centre in Belfast, Ireland, focused on records management, information governance and security issues as they pertain to...
- Five important questions to ask your cloud software provider
According to a recent survey from HR solutions company Sierra-Cedar, 2015 was the year in which Software as a Service (SaaS) hit a tipping point.
More than half of core HR systems were SaaS solutions, according to its annual survey....
- Free webinar: Agile for law firms
Some of the world’s most innovative companies such as Google, Facebook and Spotify have used the Agile method to revamp their entire workflow process, and place a focus on customers, responsiveness and collaboration. Now ...
- Intapp acquires UK cloud software provider, Rekoop
Intapp, a global leader in legal software, today announced the acquisition of Rekoop, a time entry software provider based in the UK. Intapp will continue to support Rekoop’s cloud-based software and customers, in parallel with its ongoing...
- LEAP case management software case study – Sara Frisby, Tactical Employment Solicitors
Tactical Employment Solicitors is a specialist employment practice established by Sara Frisby in 2014. The firm is a boutique employment practice with a very clear vision of the service it offers to clients. It has a manifesto and its...
- Managed Solutions moves forward
Looking back over the first nine months of Phoenix’s new Managed Solutions division, we can be reassured in 2016 by its resounding success and positive client...
- Cloud (and other annoying words)
ARTICLE BY MATT TORRENS, DIRECTOR AT SPROUT IT
The cloud. Cloud computing. Cloud hosted. It’s annoying, isn’t it? Actually, it’s annoying in two ways. Firstly, to be bombarded with...
- Intercity Technology announces acquisition of IT Managed Services provider Imerja
Intercity Technology Limited has today announced that it has acquired Imerja Limited for an undisclosed sum. As an award-winning specialist in IT managed services, infrastructure and security solutions, Imerja will add considerable depth to...
- Rogers Legal adopts organised cloud-working approach with Quill’s software
When Trudy Rogers established her specialist private client law firm in 2014, three of her most immediate requirements as a sole practitioner were self-organising software, off-site hosting and technical back-up.
She chose Quill’s...
- In the era of digital workplace, is your intranet dead?
With more vendors, consultants, experts and commentators rushing to join the Digital Workplace bandwagon (now BrightStarr too!), how do you make sense of it all?
What defines a digital workplace is up for debate. As you might expect,...
- How law firms can gain competitive edge through a managed service approach to IT
The legal sector's uptake of outsourced IT solutions - services hosted or managed by third parties - has been steady but unspectacular to date. Understandably, the onus so far has been on lightening the administrative and housekeeping load,...
- Top tips for legal firms moving to the cloud
1. Be open to new ways of effecting rapid change
If you are a CIO in a legal firm or a member of the IT team, you'll recognise the pressure on the one hand to innovate and differentiate and on the other to save money and deliver...