- India outsourcer sets up in Manchester as LPO focus shifts to PI and conveyancing
Indian outsourcing company Mangalam Information Technologies has set up an office in Manchester as it explores the opportunities for legal process outsourcing (LPO) in the UK, including "low hanging fruits" such as personal injury (PI) and...
- Over half of firms have lost or expect to lose work to non-lawyer competitors, says survey
Over half of all law firms have either lost business to a non-lawyer competitor or expect to in the future, a new survey from accountants Baker Tilly has revealed.
The survey entitled the 'Legal Services Act Index', which was conducted as...
- Weightmans turns the spotlight on leadership
Weightmans managing partner Paddy Gaul is not a man given to making bold statements.
So when he tells The Lawyer that the firm is going to start a strategy review on 1 November that will examine all aspects of the business it is a fair...
- Mayer Brown signs deal to outsource London office support staff
Mayer Brown has sold its UK corporate secretarial practice to outsourcing provider TMF Group in a deal which will see a team of six support staff transfer to TMF's London HQ later this year.
TMF has previously negotiated similar agreements...
- BLP's turnover rockets 30 per cent in first half
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has posted a 30 per cent increase in fee income at the half year level.
The firm brought in £103m for the first six months of the 2010-11 financial year, up from £79m for the comparable period last...
- White & Case City office sees firmwide costs share rise 60%
White & Case's London office was charged around £7.4m towards running the firm in 2009 by New York - an increase of nearly 60% on the previous year.
The US firm's UK limited liability partnership (LLP) accounts for 2009 show the...
- Thomson Reuters enters LPO market with Pangea3 takeover
International business information group Thomson Reuters has entered the legal processing outsourcing market (LPO) with the acquisition of Pangea3, it has been announced.
The deal, for an undisclosed amount, sees Thomson acquire one of the...
- Herbert Smith eschews offshore to open document review operation in Belfast
City law firm Herbert Smith has eschewed offshore outsourcing to set up a document review operation in Belfast.
The first firm to establish a UK base for this kind of work, Herbert Smith said it was seeking to take advantage of the "...
- Camerons set to consult with staff as partners approve outsourcing deal
CMS Cameron McKenna's partners have given their seal of approval to plans to outsource the firm's support departments to legal process outsourcer (LPO) Integreon, Legal Week can reveal.
A vote of the partnership on the principles of the...
- Travers' outsourcing move keeps Bupa as a client
News Article - 19/01/2012 : outsourcing
Travers Smith has taken a step towards outsourcing some commoditised elements of its M&A work. The move came after Travers concluded a deal with Bupa that saw another firm take on data room and disclosure work at the client's request.
- SRA set to review LPO regulation in wake of recent outsourcing deals
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is gearing up to carry out a review of legal process outsourcing (LPO), as the number of firms using external outsourcing companies for legal work increases.
The body is considering conducting a "...
- Round up of the legal year 2010, by the Lawyer
After the storm: Consolidation and mergers have been the main themes of a positive 2010, with Halliwells providing enough negativity all by itself to balance out the year.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer kicked off the...
- Quarter of UK businesses unprepared for pension changes
Nearly a quarter of UK businesses (23%) have not yet considered the implications of auto-enrolment on their schemes, according to new research from Aon Hewitt, the global human resource consulting and outsourcing business of Aon Corporation....
- Goodman Derrick LLP and Tikit Agree Shared Services Partnership
Tikit, the leading independent provider of IT consultancy, services and software to legal and accounting firms, is delighted to announce a contract with Goodman Derrick LLP to provide all of their IT support and strategic consultation as part of...
- Eversheds to become Accenture's 'apostle'
Eversheds has begun rolling out its support services outsourcing deal, sending procurement work to Accenture in Milton Keynes.
The arrangement is the result of a seven-year agreement, which will also see Eversheds outsource HR,...