- Trio of UK firms consider outsourcing in effort to cut costs
Travers Smith, Hammonds and Halliwells look to LPOs to cut costs
Travers Smith, Hammonds and Halliwells are considering a range of outsourcing measures.
The trio are the latest firms interested in cutting costs by sending...
- Norton Rose moves staff back to full hours as work levels rise
Travers Smith, Hammonds and Halliwells look to LPOs to cut costs Travers Smith, Hammonds and Halliwells are considering a range of outsourcing measures. The trio are the latest firms interested in cutting costs by sending either legal...
- Thomas Eggar eyes up City mid-size targets for merger
Thomas Eggar is drawing up plans for a merger in a bid to boost its profile in the City and attract outsourced work from magic and silver circle firms.
The firm confirmed that it has had approaches from London and South East firms, but...
- The Future of Law in 6 minute Presentations
Thanks to plenty of pre-show twitter and blog buzz, the inaugural innovation that is Ignite Law did not go unnoticed among legal professionals and legal industry thought leaders, all convened in Chicago for this year's ABA TECHSHOW. The Ignite...
- Indian govt to discuss new call for tough restrictions on foreign firms
The case against the presence of foreign law firms in India is set to be discussed this weekend at a meeting between India's Government, Bar Council and Ministry of Law.
The meeting, scheduled for this Saturday (21 August), comes after a...
- UK outsourcing challenges offshoring as firms’ favourite
Domestic outsourcing looks set to eclipse offshoring as a means of cutting legal costs, with firms’ reticence over sending work abroad proving a key driver.
Data from outsourcing consultancy Fronterion reveals that 44 per cent of legal...
- The Optima-Capital deal: how the SRA arrived at its 'severe reprimand'
The creation of Optima Legal Services (OLS) in May 2006 marked the entry of the first non-legal services provider into the legal profession.
The decision by outsourcing giant Capita to invest in the firm kickstarted a relationship that was...
- Eversheds to offshore more support work, 100 jobs at risk
Eversheds is to offshore HR, administration and finance roles, with 100 jobs at risk of redundancy as a result.
The firm has signed a seven-year agreement with Accenture, which will also see Accenture develop a common IT platform for all...
- Optima Legal Services told to sever links with outsourcing giant Capita by SRA
SRA comes down on Optima-Capita deal despite leading counsel giving green light to investment strategy
Volume powerhouse Optima Legal Services has been told to sever links with outsourcing giant Capita after the Solicitors Regulation...
- RBS to favour reformed panel over offshoring to cut legal costs in 2010
Incoming RBS general counsel Chris Campbell is considering introducing a Mexican wave-style relationship between his panel firms in a bid to reduce the bank's £200m annual legal spend.
Deputy general counsel Campbell, who will take control...
- Simmons closes results season with falls in both PEP and revenue
Simmons & Simmons has revealed its official financial results for 2009-10, posting an 11.3% drop in profits per equity partner (PEP).
The UK top 15 law firm's PEP now stands at £461,000, down almost £60,000 from the figure...
- Camerons battles backlash from controversial outsourcing deal
CMS Cameron McKenna has admitted that a number of elements of its business support function may be retained in-house after facing a barrage of criticism over its deal with outsourcing specialist Integreon.
Since the news of the £600m...
- CMS Cameron McKenna outsources all support services in £600m deal
CMS Cameron McKenna has become the first firm to outsource its entire business support function after agreeing a £600m deal with Integreon.
The game-changing agreement will see the top 20 firm sublet a floor of its City HQ to Integreon and...
- Fox Williams outsource their IT to Tikit
Tikit is delighted to announce the signing of a three year contract with Fox Williams LLP to outsource all IT Support and Service functions.
Under this agreement, Tikit will provide Fox Williams with a fully Managed Service Support Desk,...
- Accenture invites tenders in legal rejig
Global management consultancy and outsourcing and technology company Accenture is preparing to overhaul its legal roster.
As part of a regular three-year review, UK general counsel Patrick Rowe is drawing up a list of firms, with a view to...