- Six document scanning dos and don'ts
If you want to cut the time and costs associated with storing and locating paper records, document scanning is the perfect solution. But there’s also a lot of room for error. Here are several guidelines to help you avoid common document...
- The top ways to handle confidential waste
Every business generates confidential waste. The key is making sure yours is disposed of thoroughly and securely. One breach can result in GDPR fines, loss of customer trust, and permanent brand damage. In this blog, we offer the tips for...
- Ways to overhaul your records management programme in 2019
The start of the new year offers an opportunity to get a better handle on your records management. The question is, where to begin? In this blog, we offer tips for overhauling your records management programme in 2019.
Conduct a record...
- How to boost your data protection strategy in 2019
2018 was a banner year for data breaches in the UK. Big corporations, including British Airways and Cambridge Analytica, were hacked and thousands of small businesses fell victim to malware and viruses. Data security experts predict 2019...
- Archive Document Data Storage: Why shred?
The GDPR is in full-swing and businesses are at risk of facing non-compliance fines of up to 4% company-wide annual turnover. As well as a financial hit resulting from a data breach, your business’ reputation would also be damaged beyond...
- What are backup assets and why should you protect them? – Archive Document Data Storage
Your critical systems, applications, and data are some of your organisation’s most important assets. The result of losing them can range from loss of productivity to serious legal ramifications. In this blog, we offer tips for protecting...
- The top reasons to scan your documents by Archive Document Data Storage
Is the hassle of managing your paper records stifling your business? Does it take too much time to find the documents you need? Are you running out of office space? Here are the top ten reasons to scan your documents:
1. Your Customers...
- Archive Document Data Storage: Reputation information
So here we are in the run up to Christmas already – the clocks have changed and the evenings are darker. This is a great time of the year to look back at the achievements of 2018 and see where your firm and team have had success. What...
- Archive Document Data Storage: Tips for managing your inactive files
Your organisation uses some files every day. You also have files that don’t see day-to-day use but must be retained for administrative purposes, retention requirements, or legal compliance; these are inactive files. Do you have a strategy...
- Archive Document Data Storage shares best practices for making sure your media destruction and privacy complies with GDPR
New standards for the General Data Protection Rule (GDPR) went into effect on May 25, 2018. They affect any EU business that collects data from customers. One of the key factors in the new standards is that companies must take a strict approach...
- Six tips for protecting and preserving your backup media
Tip one: don’t take media home
Many small business owners take their backup media home with them. If you’re one of them, ask yourself the following question: What will happen to your data if tapes are stolen from your car or...
- Essential guidelines for digitising your documents
Every document scanning project needs a roadmap to ensure its success. Here are several guidelines to follow when digitising your documents:
Without a plan, a project scope can expand endlessly or fizzle out before the...
- Five major reasons why document storage still matters
In an age where digital information rules, it’s easy to dismiss hard copy documents, even though they play a critical role in your business. Key documents help your organisation document compliance, ensure due diligence, and support ongoing...
- Questions to ask a media storage and rotation vendor
It’s not easy handing over your sensitive data to just anyone. You must be 100% sure your information is stored, managed and protected with utmost care and security. When choosing a media storage and rotation vendor, ask the following...
- Off-site vs. on-site shredding: a comparison by ADDS
A corporate data security policy needs to include reliable and secure document disposal practices. As identity theft and business fraud rates rise, there’s a bevy of on-site and off-site shredding vendors competing for your business. But...