- Anthem Consulting: Navigating a new role from home
We are living through strange timed, where remote onboarding is currently the norm and employees are starting new roles having only met around 4 of their colleagues during the interview process. Starting a new role can be a nerve-wracking process...
- Anthem Consulting: How to build your personal brand
Have you noticed the way that some people effortlessly seem to be able to climb the career ladder? Those for whom success seems to come to more easily than others. Of course they work hard, and they’re good at what they do....
- How to use this extended period of uncertainty positively for your career
These are unprecedented times, and never have we faced such challenging circumstances. There are a million videos and articles about staying mentally well and physically healthy during this time, but what people can do to use this time in a...
- Balance Recruitment report: Legal accounts quarterly market update 2018
The summer months continued to be a busy period for hiring across the legal accounts niche, with demand for both permanent and interim requirements across a broad spread of seniority levels.
We’re seeing a steady flow...
- Women in legal business series, part 2: Maternity leave and flexible working
We have spent the last few months meeting with senior women in law firms to discuss what challenges they face as women, exploring areas such as discrimination, gender pay gap, and returning to work after maternity leave. Part one focused on...
- Women in legal business series: Part one – Every day sexism, and are we our own worst enemy?
We have spent the last few months meeting with a number of senior women in law firms to discuss what challenges they feel that they face as women, exploring areas such as discrimination, gender pay gap, and returning to work after maternity leave...
- Moving up the pay scale: How to secure the pay rise you deserve
When looking for a new role, one of the top two reasons for leaving is financially motivated, which is understandable given the high cost of living and the long hours often required in the legal sector.
Added to which, the last few years...
- Highest demand for contract and permanent IT staff since 2014
The below charts track instructions from our law firm clients from 2014 to end of the first quarter of 2018. We have left out actual numbers from the y-axis but the graphs map the data correctly to show trends.
Comparison of volume...
- Cascade HR’s Emily Cryan explains how their Leeds offices help in their quest to put the ‘human’ back into human resources
Describe your business in no more than 100 words
Cascade provides fully integrated HR and HMRC-recognised payroll software...
- Workshare expands its leadership team with three major new appointments
Workshare, the leading provider of file comparison, security and transaction management software, today announced the recruitment of three leading industry figures as it expands its global operations and expertise in the legal industry.
- Growing pains but a good year for Quiss
News Article - 22/01/2018 : Cherwell, client support, Finance, investment, IT, IT management, management roles, practice management, Quiss, Quiss Technology, recruitment, Finance, Technology, Practice Management
It has been a year of growth and recruitment for Quiss, with a determination to improve our service leading to a 13% increase in our turnover as we hit £9.1 million for 12 months to May 2017.
We strengthened our position as one of...
- Industry Case Study from Thomson Reuters: Hire purposes
This article was also featured as an industry interview in the December 2017 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, download...
- Industry analysis from iManage: Keep an AI on it by Peter Wallqvist
Resource - 15/01/2018 : AI, AI strategy, artificial intelligence, efficiency, imanage, KM-efficiency, recruitment, recruitment and retention, strategy, talent, talent acquisition, talent retention, Human Resources, Technology
This article was also featured as an industry analysis in the December 2017 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, download Briefing...
- Briefing December 2017: Hit the roadmap
Resource - 04/12/2017 : 10-year strategy, Accesspoint, appraisals, artificial intelligence, bird & bird, brabners, brand marketing, cvMail, disruption, diversification, dwf, General, imanage, ince & co, Investors in Customers, Irwin Mitchell, keoghs, knowledge management, LOD, millennials, osborne clarke, recruitment, retention, shoosmiths, Technology, Thomson Reuters, withers, Finance, Human Resources, Knowledge Management, Marketing & BD, Risk & Compliance, Technology
Hit the roadmap
Is a 10-year strategy a strong statement of the visionary or merely wishful thinking?
- Career Legal: What you need to know about the money laundering regulations 2017
Finalised in mid-2015, the ‘Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017’ was only just recently approved by parliament and commenced on the 26th June 2017. Despite being aware of it for over two years...