- Speechly Bircham revenue drop shows impact of RBS loss
Speechly Bircham has posted a fall in revenue for the 2011-12 financial year, with total fee income down by 3 per cent from £59.5m to £57.6m.
Net profit also fell, from £14m to £11.3m, while average profit per equity partner...
- Orrick and McDermott see UK revenues dip
The UK arms of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe and McDermott Will & Emery have posted decreasing revenues and profits for the 2011 calendar year, according to public accounts filed today (16 July).
Orrick's English, French and...
- Withers sees PEP climb 19% as Ince reports increase in revenue
Withers and Ince & Co have both posted increases in revenue in 2011-12, as the final financial results for the UK's largest 50 law firms emerge.
Withers saw double digit increases in both turnover and profits per equity partner...
- Macfarlanes boosts partner profits by 20% as revenues rise 8%
Macfarlanes has seen profits per equity partner (PEP) jump 20% this year, marking the firm's highest PEP figure since 2008.
PEP at the City firm has climbed to £903,000, up from £752,000 last year, while revenue has also grown 8%...
- First-mover firms report average turnover growth of 7 per cent for 2011-12
Firms have been slow off the mark when it comes to unveiling their financial results for the 2011-12 year, but the first to post revenue figures have on average beaten market expectations by posting growth of almost 7 per cent.
- Herbert Smith sees PEP return to 2006-07 levels as turnover nudges up
Herbert Smith has posted a 3 per cent increase in turnover and a 7 per cent drop in average profit per equity partner (PEP) for the 2011-12 financial year.
Revenue for the year rose to £480m, up from £465.1m last year, with equity...
- Wragges boosts revenues by 5% after strong disputes showing and international push
Wragge & Co has unveiled its headline financial performance for 2011-12, with turnover growing 5% to £118.2m.
The result, which improves on last year’s figure of £113m, was driven in part by a strong performance from the firm’s...
- UK top 100 firms record average fee income rise of 7% for 2011-12
The UK’s top 100 law firms recorded average fee income growth of almost 7% for the last financial year, according to new research from professional services giant Deloitte.
The results of Deloitte’s quarterly law firm survey show...
- SJ Berwin posts static results as turnover and PEP nudge up 1%
SJ Berwin has announced static results for the 2011-12 financial year, with turnover and profits per equity partner (PEP) both edging up by 1%.
The top 20 UK law firm has posted revenues of £180.1m, up by 1.1% from last year's...
- Mishcon unveils turbo-charged results as turnover leaps 20 per cent
Mishcon de Reya is on track to smash its three-year budget target after unveiling 20 per cent revenue growth at the 2011-12 year end.
The firm saw turnover rise from £61.5m to £73.1m putting it in good stead to achieve its £80m target by...
- BLP announces 8% revenue growth as firm nears £250m mark
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has announced an 8% rise in revenues for 2011-12, taking total turnover at the firm to almost £250m.
The City firm has posted revenues of £246m for the 2011-12 financial year, up from £229m last year....
- Revenue nudges down at merger-hungry Morton Fraser
Scottish firm Morton Fraser has posted a 2 per cent drop in revenue and a 7 per cent profit hike for 2011-12 in a year in which it de-equitised three partners.
The firm, which said it was “actively seeking” a UK-wide merger, has...
- Osborne Clarke posts 8% revenue hike to reach new financial high
Osborne Clarke (OC) has unveiled its end-of-year figures for 2011-12, with revenue up 8% to £97.7m, marking the firm’s best-ever annual performance.
The 12-office firm, which maintains separate profit pools in its UK, Germany and...
- Shakespeares and Harvey Ingram in talks to create £50m firm
Midlands firm Shakespeares is set to achieve its £50m growth target two years early after entering into exclusive discussions to merge with Leicester-based Harvey Ingram.
The planned tie-up will go live on 1 August, adding £19m in revenues...
- Norton Rose posts £833m turnover at end of acquisitive year
Norton Rose has announced its unaudited financial results for the 2011-12 financial year, with the turnover figure of $1.32bn (£833m) representing a 9 per cent like-for-like increase on last year.
The latest figure, which includes...